- OCRTOOLS can recognize the image files or clipboard images converts the text data by OCR technology.
- iTunes can not copy text from the description, it is ideal for converting to character data.
- Click "Open image" button to choose image (JPEG / TIFF / PNG / BMP / PDF / GIF) . Or the image file drag & drop to image view.
- If you want to recognize image into clipboard, then choose the file menu "From Clipboard".
- You can translate other language from OCR result.
- Recognizable / translate language has increased to 33+4 languages that listed below.
English / German / French / Italian / Dutch / Spanish /
Japanese / Simplified Chinese / Traditional Chinese / Korean / Vietnamese / Turkish / Ukrainian / Tagalog /
Swedish / Serbian / Slovenian / Slovak / Russian / Romanian / Portuguese / Polish / Norwegian /
Lithuanian / Latvian / Indonesian / Hungarian / Finnish / Greek / Danish / Czech / Catalan / Bulgarian
Arabic / Hindi / Thai / Hebrew
- Fixed displaying recognize result.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Could be better with a selection tool
An image to be correctly OCRed needs to have some pre-editing capability. I scanned a chicken fried steak recipe from the local newspaper and saved it as a PDF file and opened it in OCRTOOLS. The food photo was translated into meaningless characters which was no problem to delete. The actual recipe portion came out correctly OCRed but made little sense because the original recipe, as it appeared in the newspaper, was in two column format. To get a correct rendering, one would have to do some serious cutting and pasting. Also, this program does not do a good job of recognizing line or paragraph spacing. In other words, everything is run together.
If you had an image that was just straight typing with no difficult formatting, then OCRTOOLS will probably do an adequate job. Frankly, I'd save my money until developers include some editing tools for this program.
Want my money back!
Am taking a course in a different language and wanted to translate my pdf files so I can study for tomorrow’s test.
(It was taking me to long to try and translate all the terminology on my own.) Found this app and thought it was my answer
to passing my exam!! Sadly, when I tried to translate the text, it could not do it. Then I realized that the text on the document and
the text in the window was not the same. I took the text into google translate and saw a bunch of vulgar and offensive language. I looked at the
text in the other language and realized google was right! I want my money back!
No longer works in Catalina
I loved this app--until I installed MacOS Catalina. Now it no longer works. It scans a document but produces no text. Tried multiple documents with same results.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.