Octachron is a flexible 8 Track MIDI Sequencer with rich modulation and sequencing capabilities. It is optimized for drums but also great for experimental melody lines. It works standalone or as AUv3 AudioUnit in your favourite iPad DAW (i.e. AUM, Cubasis, Beatmaker, ApeMatrix, Nanostudio etc.).
“An exciting MIDI sequencer with advanced features” (Synth Anatomy)
“Particularly the probability parameters are a lot of fun” (Amazona)
“Octachron controls just everything with iPad” (Gearnews)
*Octachron does not create any sound of its own*
We believe in specialization, so Octachron is focused on in depth MIDI sequencing. Control your favourite iPad drums like i.e. Ruismaker or MV08, synths like i.e. Zeeon or Model D or any hard- or software MIDI instrument with it.
*iOS 11 or higher required. Host has to be compatible with the MIDI AudioUnit standard.*
- Standalone or AUv3 AudioUnit
- 1-32 steps with flexible clock divider and custom time signatures
- 8 mutable tracks with adjustable length
- Up to 8 chainable patterns (song mode)
- Swing with flexible swing grid
- Save and restore your presets
- Parameter lock for velocity, trigger probability, ratcheting and MIDI CC
- Scales generator
- MIDI control pattern selection and mute
- Customizable mapping and mapping presets
*Various MIDI mapping presets for popular drum machines*
- Ruismaker & Ruismaker FM
- DM1 & DM2
- EGDR 606, 808 & 909
- Dadamachines Automat
*For melodic instruments generate various scales in all keys*
Octachron supports all standard scales like major and minor but also more unusual scales like mixolydian and phrygian. With that you can even accompany mom’s church choir, if you like to :)
(See full list of possible scales below)
- With velocity and MIDI CC modulation your music becomes alive
- Multiply number of hits per step with ratcheting
- Trigger probability makes each pattern unique
- MIDI CC on every step
- Assign MIDI notes to each track or use mapping presets
- Individual track length to create polyrhythms
*Live Performance features*
- Instant pattern switch option
- Mute function per track to easily build up layers in live situations
- Sequence other standalone apps, AUv3 AudioUnits or external hardware via MIDI
- Octachron derives its timing from the host application, its internal clock or via AbletonLink
- Trigger on different MIDI channels per track
Major, Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor, Pentatonic Major, Pentatonic Minor, Pentatonic Blues, Pentatonic Neutral, Ionian, Aeolian, Dorian, Mixolydian, Phrygian, Lydian, Locrian, Dim half, Dim whole, Whole, Augmented, Chromatic, Roumanian Minor, Spanish Gypsy, Blues, Diatonic, Double Harmonic, Eight Tone Spanish, Enigmatic, Leading Whole Tone, Lydian Augmented, Neopolitan Major, Neopolitan Minor, Pelog, Prometheus, Prometheus Neopolitan, Six Tone Symmetrical, Super Locrian, Lydian Minor, Lydian Diminished, Nine Tone Scale, Auxiliary Diminished, Auxiliary Augmented, Auxiliary Dim Blues, Major Locrian, Overtone, Diminished Whole Tone, Pure Minor, Dominant 7th
Our little survey now also appears in your favourite DAW. But you only have to answer it once of course :)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Setting midi channel per track
Would be incredibly useful if tracks could be configured to send on different channels. I own a Korg Volca Sample which accepts midi but has each track assigned to its own midi channel (1-10)
Love this step sequencer but it is buggy!
Ok so i figured out how to midi route this step sequencer with EG Pulse since i can drag and drop my files from files app into EG Pulse very conveniently. All first 8 pads are routed and everything is great but this step sequence keeps repeating notes that I don’t have any repeat on. Specifically with the first slot which i have my snare preset to and it just repeats the snare hit when I don’t want it to. Second bug is for the second slot and the problem i have with that is my kick just mutes when I turn song mode on so i can get 64 steps. The first 32 steps for my kick, which is the second slot, just does play and it unmutes for the second pattern. Super frustrating when this step sequencer is suppose to speed up my workflow.
If you want to sequence drums in IOS, this app is the one to get imo. Straightforward but with a lot of good variation options (probability, polymeter, patterns). It's so nice to control various tracks at once on the same app.
For the price it's absolutely worth it. I do wish that it was easier to switch between the parameter being automated (not easy to change live). Also not being able to set all automation steps to the same value makes automating pitched drums hard. But it's still a great app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.