Octachron is a flexible 8 Track MIDI Drum Sequencer with rich modulation and sequencing capabilities. It works standalone or as AUv3 AudioUnit in your favourite DAW on iPad.
*Octachron does not create any sound of it's own*
(iOS 11 required, Host has to be compatible with MIDI AudioUnit standard like AUM or Cubasis)
- Standalone or AUv3 AudioUnit
- 1-32 steps with flexible clock divider and custom time signatures
- 8 mutable tracks with flexible length
- Up to 8 chain-able patterns
- Swing with flexible swing grid
- Save and restore your presets
- Parameter lock velocity, trigger probability, ratcheting and CC
- Various presets for popular drum machines
- With velocity and CC modulation your drums become alive
- Multiply number of hits per step with ratcheting
- Trigger probability makes each pattern unique
- Assign MIDI notes to each track or use mapping presets
- Individual track length for allow polyrhythms
- Muting a track help to easily create build-ups in live situations
- Octachron lets you sequence other standalone apps, AUv3 AudioUnits or external hardware via MIDI
- Octachron derives its timing from its host application, it's internal clock or via AbletonLink
Background audio fix.
Ratings and Reviews
On the fence with this one
Ok, could be better. There’s no documentation, which is a bummer, because like, it took me forever to find out on my own that you can control midi mutes and pattern selection via midi (with notes 0 to 16). But these features are buggy. Assigning midi notes to Mute doesn’t always work properly... if you try to Mute multiple things at once, often times they won’t all Mute together. And it seems to only respond to channel 1 for this, regardless of what channel you select in the settings. Also, for some reason, if you try to send notes to change the pattern from something else (I tried both rozeta cells and atom), it doesn’t respond, though sending the exact same note from a keyboard works fine. However, in terms of this kind of au drum sequencer, it’s this or rozeta xox (which is a lot more stable, though that can’t even be muted via midi, making it somewhat useless for types of music that rely on muting and unmuting stuff, as not only do you have to try to accurately hit the tiny onscreen buttons, but you have to hit them twice to actually select the track first)... Also, it would be nice if when you did select a different pattern via midi, the onscreen display switched to that pattern (at least as an option). This could be an awesome drum sequencer if the devs addressed some bugs, so hopefully they will... if they do, it’s a 5 star app.
Powerful AU Drum Sequencer w/ P-Locks, Ratcheting, & Probability
First-of-its-kind AU MIDI sequencer from Numerical Audio.
It has mapping presets for Ruismaker, Ruismaker FM, and other AU Drum synths, so you can parameter-lock per-step each drum's pitch, decay, pan, etc. Separate step lengths for each drum, etc. It also has scales so you can use it for melodies too. You can chain patterns in Song Mode. New update fixes lots of things and adds a lot more. Powerful stuff!
Love the possibilities of this app with the variable track lengths, probabilities, and a lot more. It’s great driving something like Ruismaker or even used as a sequencer for a synth. The most recent update fixed an issue with NS2 which is my go-to music app. Quite pleased!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.