Octachron is a flexible 8 Track MIDI Drum Sequencer with rich modulation and sequencing capabilities. It works standalone or as AUv3 AudioUnit in your favourite DAW on iPad.
*Octachron does not create any sound of it's own*
(iOS 11 required, Host has to be compatible with MIDI AudioUnit standard like AUM or Cubasis)
- Standalone or AUv3 AudioUnit
- 1-32 steps with flexible clock divider and custom time signatures
- 8 mutable tracks with flexible length
- Up to 8 chain-able patterns
- Swing with flexible swing grid
- Save and restore your presets
- Parameter lock velocity, trigger probability, ratcheting and CC
- Various presets for popular drum machines
- With velocity and CC modulation your drums become alive
- Multiply number of hits per step with ratcheting
- Trigger probability makes each pattern unique
- Assign MIDI notes to each track or use mapping presets
- Individual track length for allow polyrhythms
- Muting a track help to easily create build-ups in live situations
- Octachron lets you sequence other standalone apps, AUv3 AudioUnits or external hardware via MIDI
- Octachron derives its timing from its host application, it's internal clock or via AbletonLink
Background audio fix.
Ratings and Reviews
Setting midi channel per track
Would be incredibly useful if tracks could be configured to send on different channels. I own a Korg Volca Sample which accepts midi but has each track assigned to its own midi channel (1-10)
Powerful AU Drum Sequencer w/ P-Locks, Ratcheting, & Probability
First-of-its-kind AU MIDI sequencer from Numerical Audio.
It has mapping presets for Ruismaker, Ruismaker FM, and other AU Drum synths, so you can parameter-lock per-step each drum's pitch, decay, pan, etc. Separate step lengths for each drum, etc. It also has scales so you can use it for melodies too. You can chain patterns in Song Mode. New update fixes lots of things and adds a lot more. Powerful stuff!
Love the possibilities of this app with the variable track lengths, probabilities, and a lot more. It’s great driving something like Ruismaker or even used as a sequencer for a synth. The most recent update fixed an issue with NS2 which is my go-to music app. Quite pleased!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.