"Octave-band Colored Noise" is a new sound generator app that can generate various colored noises and octave-band noises.
It can be used for various purposes such as sound masking, sound effects for tinnitus relief and sleep, reference sound source for sound equipment measurement, sound tuning, and sound insulation effect measurement for buildings.
This app generates six types of color noise signal, white noise, pink noise, brown noise, blue noise, purple noise, and gray noise.
Furthermore, octave-band noise signals of various frequency bands can be generated by processing color noise signals with the 1/1 octave-band filter.
For example, octave-band noise can be applied as a sound masking source to alleviate annoying environmental noise in network meetings at the office or home work, or when you want to concentrate on your work. If you play back general white noise or pink noise, it feels rather annoying because the frequency components in its signal are very wide. By adjusting the frequency band to cover only the frequency components of the environmental noise, you can get a less annoying noise reduction effect.
- Color noise generation: 6 types - white noise, pink noise, brown noise, blue noise, purple noise and gray noise.
- Octave-band noise generation: 1/1 octave-band filter - 8 types, center frequency - 63Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz. Multi-band selection and simultaneous output is possible.
- Frequency range: 20Hz - 20kHz.
- Output level adjustment.
- Stereo balance adjustment.
- Background playback.
- Sound masking.
- Sound effects for tinnitus relief and sleep.
- Sound tuning.
- Reference sound source for audio equipment measurement.
- Sound source for architectural acoustics measurement. (sound insulation level measurement, room sound field distribution measurement, air sound insulation of buildings, sound insulation effect of windows, etc.)
- Octave band noise is also useful to adjust the characteristics of the audibility of earphones or headphones. For example, by selecting the pink noise and playing the 1/1 octave band noise in the order of 125Hz, 1KHz, 8kHz of the center frequency, you can determine the intensity of each frequency band on the audibility. If you know the characteristic of frequency band, you will be able to adjust the earphone in the equalizer to your favorite sound easily.
- When using this application with wireless communication such as Bluetooth or AirPlay, there may be cases that limitation of the playback frequency, lowering the output level and irregular noise, etc., may occur under the influence of wireless environment, communication equipment and communication state. Please note that this is not to guarantee that this application operates as configured specifications under the wireless communication.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 561.2 KB
- Requires iOS 12.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- © TOON,LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.