Chat, limit playtime, and track performance for free with STEMDash - http://apple.co/2tcPKsu
OctoMinus makes subtraction fun and engaging for kids. OctoMinus places kids in an underwater aqua world where they have to battle turtles to score points. OctoMinus reinforces key math skills within an interactive gaming environment. With both a drill and challenge mode, children’s math skills are improved based on their own individual learning ability. Kids can also choose to practice in English or Spanish. OctoMinus is also designed to enhance motor skills for young children and kids with motor or cognitive delays. With a phenomenal ability to set options, this app will keep kids motivated and engaged. The app is designed to improve visual attention, timing, coordination and control. Parents can also use this switch-accessible app to reinforce Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals.
"Zyrobotics has done it again: created another great app for young elementary students that makes practicing math facts a little more fun” - Smart Apps for Kids
"The perfect combination of subtraction practice and fine motor skill development!!" - AppyMall
"OctoMinus is all about success" - The iMums
1. STEMDash enables parents and teachers to track their child’s progress in mastery of the educational content
2. Math adaptation of Turtle Invaders - 2014 Gold Winner of the Mom’s Choice Award for Best in Family-Friendly Products.
3. Practice math skills in either English or Spanish
4. Helps kids master math skills and gain math confidence
5. Parent Zone enables parents and teachers to stay connected to their child’s progress
6. Kids rewarded with math points that can be used in the OctoStore
7. Incorporates a drill/practice mode to provide a fun, engaging, and effective way to learn
8. Incorporates a challenge/test mode to assess learning
9. Fun for all, with additional features to help children with special needs
10. Switch-accessible for children with motor limitations who use an external switch (connected through a Bluetooth switch interface such as TabAccess)
11. Graphics and music can be graded to make this game suitable for sensory sensitive kids or for kids that are easily distracted
12. Beginner, Experienced, and Expert mode to help children gain confidence during game play
13. Fully customizable settings can adjust game options based on the skill level of the child
14. Helps in improving hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills for children
15. Enables learning for all kids of all skill levels and abilities
16. Can use this switch-accessible app to reinforce Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals
17. Can couple this app with OctoPlus to practice and learn addition skills
18. There are no in-app purchases or advertisements.
OctoMinus covers the following Operations & Algebraic Thinking Math Topics found in the Common Core Math State Standards: Subtract within 5; Represent subtraction with equations
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.1 – Represent addition and subtraction with equations
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.3 – Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.5 – Fluently add and subtract within 5
Please leave a review in the App Store and help us spread the word.
Continued improvements to accessibility.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a cute game, but not suitable for children with special needs or children with slower reflexes. It's frustrating not being able to hit the answers, even at the lowest speed. It would work better if the turtles/answers could be stationary & the student move the octopus over the right answer.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.