Deakin University’s oculAR SIM offers a uniquely engaging way to learn the anatomy of the eye and the orbit using interactive 3D models in augmented reality. Learn the complex spatial relationships of the layers of the eye, the extraocular muscles, associated nerves, and blood vessels and how they all fit within the bony orbit – anywhere and at your own pace. oculAR SIM immerses you in the ocular anatomy in a way that a textbook cannot, enabling you to manipulate the model to get the best view for your understanding of how the various ocular components interact.
• EXPLORE the bony orbit to learn the anatomical names of the many parts that make up the eye and surrounding tissue, and how they all fit together in space
• LEARN detailed concepts about the anatomical components, how they interact, and what their roles are
• Interact with the model in 3D, rotating it to get the best view, and isolate individual structures to see how they fit in the orbit
• Observe eye movements and see which extraocular muscles are active in different directions of gaze
• ASSESS your understanding of ocular anatomy through the built-in, interactive assessment module that provides immediate formative feedback and emails you a copy of the results so you can track your progress
If you are studying optometry, medicine, orthoptics, or other allied health subjects then this is the tool for you to develop a deeper understanding of ocular anatomy
If you are a teacher you can use oculAR SIM to help your students visualise the complex spatial organisation and localisation of the orbital contents as an adjunct to traditional teaching resources
Certain functions, such as the Learn and Assess modules, are currently only available to Deakin University students. For further information contact the Deakin University School of Medicine at: email@example.com
- Deakin University
- 146.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Copyright Deakin University 2019. Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.