** NOTE: Requires at least an iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad Mini or iPod Touch 5th gen. Runs at variable resolution based on device capabilities. Performance settings available in app.
148apps Editor's Choice 4.5/5 Stars "iOS gamers are getting a great adventure game"
TouchArcade 5/5 Stars "every bit as awesome now on a mobile device"
"A stunning and exquisitely realized masterpiece that delivers a gaming experience unlike any that we've seen before" - Game Informer
"A wild, beautiful and exceptional action experience" - IGN
Prepare to immerse yourself in 20 + hours of action-adventure.
In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a drifter turned bounty hunter, with a unique double-barreled critter-firing crossbow.
Stranger’s Wrath has been passionately upgraded for this all-new release with all exciting new controls that make the most of the mobile format and improved visuals throughout.
* Fully configurable touch-screen controls let you move & re-size individual buttons to suit your play style
* Scalable virtual joystick for fine tuning sensitivity of movement
* Explore living towns, lush forests, and massive industrial facilities
* Seamlessly transition between first-person shooter and third-person platfomer
* Scour your surroundings for live ammo
* Work with a range of strategies to surprise, stun, lure, blast and bag devious outlaws
* Meet incredibly odd, funny and smack-talking townsfolk, enemies and natives
* Fight dozens of varied bosses with outlandish arsenals and outrageous names
* Native iOS gamepad support
* Intuitive touch controls + a redesigned mobile interface make playing & navigating a breeze
* Incredible visuals that harness all the advanced graphics capabilities of today's mobile chipsets
* A hilarious script, theatrical soundtrack and compelling storyline with a shocking twist
* English, German, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Finish, Swedish, and Polish language support
* Leaderboards, Achievements and Cloud Save
Resolves startup crash introduced by iOS 15.1.
Ratings and Reviews
I can’t wait to play this again!
Keith Richards once said something to the effect of, “90% of everything is crap.“ Perhaps this doesn’t apply to nature, but when it comes to man-made things, especially creative ventures, this seems to hold true. I’m pretty sure I played this on the original Xbox, and it was one of those standout games. It was fun to play, immersive, creative combat system, great soundtrack that really fit and atmospheric. When it ended I was sad to see it go. This is one of the few games where I’ve felt like that. I made an emotional connection with my character and his journey, and it was so awesome that it was a bummer once it ended. The only game that has really hit me like that since has been GTA V, story mode. The word cinematic comes to mind. I’m very happy to report that my little Roto riot plug-in controller works with this so that I don’t have to mess with virtual buttons on the screen and all that nonsense. According to the other reviews, though, it seems that the controls on screen work pretty well. Anyway, this is one of those titles that is totally worth it to buy at$2.99. Give it 30 minutes and you’ll be hooked and you won’t regret it.
I loved this game when I played it on the Xbox original, but having it on the phone is practically just as good. Once you get used to the controls it feels just like the original game. They did a good job, IMO, with the 1st and 3rd person control. This game is such a classic and being able to play it whenever/where-ever is so awesome. To anyone actually reading this and considering this game, I would highly recommend it. Between the funny dialogue and corky idea for ammunition, it’s such a unique and fun game. BUY IT !!!! You won’t regret it!!!!!!
Love it, but...
First of all, I love this game. I played it back on the XBox and I was so stoked that it was for iOS as well. I have been enjoying playing through this game again but there is one thing that is standing out to me. So many of my saved games become "damaged" and I can't load from them. I just finished with the final outlaw in Mongo Valley and went to visit the black market. When I was exiting the black market, Stranger glitched and didn't walk all the way out the door so I got stuck literally on the inside of the door with no way to get back out. So I tried to load from the auto-save after beating the final outlaw just before going to the black market and that save was "damaged." Two of my previous saves before that were damaged as well so I was forced to go back to a save from the very first outlaw of Mongo Valley. This has happened multiple times during my playthrough so far. I love this game enough to push through and repeat chapters if I need to, but it would be so nice if saves didn't get damaged so we could revert back due to glitches like this.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Oddworld Inhabitants Inc
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- ©2005-2021 Oddworld Inhabitants, Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.