offCents rewards you for offsetting carbon emissions from travel! Track and offset your carbon footprint by purchasing or earning verified carbon offset credits. Through the in-app marketplaceof rewards save money or receive free eco-products for taking action. offCents procures carbon offset credits for you from projects that are scientifically verified for their emission reductions. offCents is also committed to making you carbon negative through our carbon-negative campaign! Do good and be rewarded!
* Earn free carbon offset credits from taking positive actions: walking, biking, and shopping with eco-conscious brands. Connect offCents with the Apple Health app to improve step counting and make sure we're rewarding you for all your walking or running.
* The application automatically detects and calculates emissions from car, plane, train, bus, and ferry trips.
- offCents defaults ground transportation to an average car ride, but you can update your default mode of ground transportation.
- After a trip, update a trip’s mode of transportation with a simple tap of the vehicle icon on a trip card.
Individual trips or your month’s total balance may be offset from the application with earned or purchased carbon credits.
* Look out for more rewards to come and ways to save money while combating climate change!
* offCents is committed to reinvesting profits into renewable energy. Why?! The world requires $2.4 trillion of climate-related infrastructure investment each year through 2035 in order to limit warming to 1.5°C. The world is only investing about 25% of what’s needed!
- Fixed missing trip's map issue
Ratings and Reviews
Such a great idea! I love that I can help the environment so easily!
I love this app. The only reason I’m not giving it five stars is because it’s a little clunky. There’s just a lot going on the homepage. I keep clicking the learn more about offsets button when I’m trying to offset because it’s kind of confusing. But other than that the app is great. The customer service is amazing too. They’re very transparent and make it clear they really are helping the environment. When I emailed to ask for clarification on things I didn’t understand they replied super quickly and honestly.
Update: Changed to 5 stares. They recently updated the app (2020) and it’s a lot less clunky.
Great Concept, Faulty App
I love the idea that walking + biking will offset automatically calculated travel emissions. For the most part, that is how OffCents functions. However, the app has several bugs—for example, the home screen feature displaying amount of emissions remaining to be offset always shows an incorrect number. On the Trips tab, trips remaining to be offset sometimes show up & sometimes don’t. Clicking the “offset” button sometimes works, sometimes lags, & sometimes crashes the app. These are not essential elements, but they do detract from ease of the app’s use.
The rewards are also, in my mother’s words, “a bit dinky.” Many are simply coupons you could likely find online. I understand that rewards are far from the main purpose of this app, but if you’re going to offer them, it would be far more enticing to be offered something substantial.
OffCents does a good job in being transparent about the types of offsets retired by the company, but making this a bit more immediately visible & interactive would be nice. Some sort of choice regarding which offset the user retires or more extensive background on the offsets would likely motivate offsetting more than offering coupons does.
Helps me be responsible for my climate impacts
OffCents has been an amazing way to track my emissions, something that up till now I could only guess at. It keeps me thinking about better ways to move around and holds me to a high standard when I do take a longer trip.
It does drain more battery to be constantly sending location pings but I’ve been impressed at how accurate the journey tracking is, and how it can identify walking or biking versus other modes of transit.
Overall the cost is low to have the confidence that I am fighting climate change with each contribution I make to it.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- offCents, Inc.
- 81.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 offCents, PBC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.