Official Kodi Remote is a full-featured remote control for Kodi Media Center.
It features library browsing, now playing informations and a direct remote control.
- Control Kodi's volume
- Manage multiple Kodi instances
- Browse, search and sort your library
- Access your favorites
- Live view of currently playing playlist
- Displays music cover art where available
- Displays movie poster and actor thumbs where available
- Displays details for albums, artists, movies, TV shows and more
- Play and queue albums, songs, movies, genre selections and much more
– Switch to live TV channels and trigger or play recordings on your PVR setup
- Access and change settings of Kodi Media Center
- Browse files directly
- Clean and refresh your library
- Supports iOS Darkmode
... and much more!
Supported Versions are: Kodi/XBMC version Eden (11) or higher
Additional actions can be accessed by long pressing items and remote control buttons.
- Fix reduced resolution for thumbnails
- Fix 1-movie-sets for Kodi 15 and earlier
- Fix non-visible default values in settings
- Further bugfixes and stability improvements
Movie-set behaviour was changed with Remote App 1.8. You need to configure Kodi server to either show or ignore movie sets with only a single movie. This as well can be done in the Remote App via the settings menu (Media / Videos / Include sets containing a single movie). For Kodi versions 15 and earlier this setting is not available, the Remote App will show all movie sets.
Beta-testers are welcome to join TestFlight! Please follow us on https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=193
Ratings and Reviews
Needs ignore article
This app would be awesome IF!!!!!! You would stop being lazy and add ignore A, An, and The articles so sorting movies is like every other quality app. Until this happens, this app is garbage. Others and myself, too many to count, have been begging, but you don't listen. No wonder The Remote For Kodi is the goto app.
Great remote. One request: please add more vertical space between the buttons. For example, moving the row of four buttons at the bottom (the one containing the headphone icon) down a bit would make it easier to tap the back arrow without accidentally tapping the headphone button. There’s a lot of blank space under that bottom row that could be used to make the remote less cramped.
Constantly losing connection
Play/pause and stop buttons need to be bigger!
If you are having constant disconnects, it may be your router. I would have never thought this would cause a local wifi issue. After hours of trouble shooting, and dealing with disconnects for a month I figured out it was the previous router firmware update that caused it. ASUS posted a newer firmware update that fixed the disconnects.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kodi Foundation
- 20 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Kodi Foundation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.