The MBTA Commuter Rail App, powered by Keolis, is a simple one-screen interface which gives the Boston area Commuter Rail passenger everything they need to make their train on time, including schedule info, real-time train progress, and push notifications.
- My Ride. Using real-time information from the MBTA Open Data see how much time you have until your train arrives or follow the progress of the train carrying your loved one.
- Schedules. Searchable commuter rail schedules and fares are at your fingertips.
- Trips. Save your trips for easy access.
- Push Notifications. Receive a reminder before your train departs and arrives, get notified of your train's track assignment, and stay informed with T-Alerts.
- Customer Service. Ability to send Lost and Found requests and support tickets to the dedicated Commuter Rail Customer Service Center.
The redesigned MBTA Commuter Rail app includes:
- Push notifications for T-Alerts, track assignments, and arrival/departure reminders
- A more user-friendly interface with a refreshed look and feel
- Navigational tabs for ease of use
- Enhanced real-time train tracking
- Banners which can be used to inform passengers of severe weather, service changes, and updates to mTicket or other commuter rail updates
- Average seat availability for trains
- A new information page with average on-time-performance (OTP) data
- Customer Service feedback and Lost & Found forms
Ratings and Reviews
Needs better planning under Trips within week
I (and I’m sure many others) have different trains that I need to take during the week - leaving later on Mondays than Tuesdays, etc. Beneath Trips the app should allow me to specify what train I’m trying to hit each day of the week (or ideally have even richer scheduling, like every other Monday being a later train, or the third Thursday of a month being later, etc).
I want to be able to enjoy what the app authors clearly intended: to wake up every day and see one page telling me I have an hour and three minutes to get to my train.. but as of now I have to double check each morning that the night before I planned out that morning’s train (and didn’t just fall asleep etc).
The app is very good, but this is the one thing I miss. I hope to see this in a future update at which point my rating of this app will go up.
Could do with some tweaks
This app is okay, but definitely leaves a lot to be desired. First and foremost, it is clunky to use and navigate in my opinion. Secondly, if your train is cancelled, it will not show up on the trip screen...it will only show up in the “alerts”. The screen will continue to show you a departure time despite the trip being cancelled. Real time information is often not available and the count-down ticker is just for show. Often times, when the real time information is available, I find it reasonably accurate, so that’s a plus. It is effective to check arrival and departure times probably about 70% of my experience on my line.
Needs a Favorite selection
This has been, so far, the best app for the Commuter Rail. However, it would be nice to be able to choose a favorite route so that I don’t always have to start over from scratch when I open the app. Being able to select FAVORITES from a menu, for example, South Station to Brockton or Brockton to South Station and the schedule would automatically pop up. This would be so useful and helpful.
- KEOLIS COMMUTER SERVICES, LLC
- 37.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Keolis Commuter Services, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.