OffiWriter is a document editor that includes the OpenOffice writer app provided by OffiDocs. It is a word processor and publishing tool that supports different document formats, including .docx, and .doc. It allows to create documents, reports, and books, and simple enough for a quick memo.
OffiWriter contains two main modules:
A) The document editor module, which provides functionality from OpenOffice writer:
- Wizards for standard documents such as letters, faxes, agendas, minutes, or carrying out more complex tasks such as mail merges. You can also create your own templates, or download templates from the Templates repository.
- Advanced Styles and Formatting.
- Table of Contents & References to increase the usefulness of your long, complex documents by generating a table of contents or indexing terms, bibliographical references, illustrations, tables, and other objects.
- Text frames and linking for publishing tasks like newsletters and flyers
- Notes and comments on the side of the document. This makes notes a lot easier to read.
- AutoCorrect dictionary to trap typing mistakes on the fly, checking your spelling as you type.
- AutoComplete to reduce typing effort. It also suggests common words and phrases to complete while you are typing.
- It supports OpenOffice OpenDocument formats (.odt, .ott, .oth, and .odm), but it can open the formats used by OOo 1.x (.sxw, .stw, and .sxg) and the following text document formats:
+ Microsoft Word 6.0/95/97/2000/XP (.doc and .dot)
+ Microsoft Word 2003 XML (.xml)
+ Microsoft Word 2007 XML (.docx, .docm, .dotx, .dotm)
+ Microsoft WinWord 5 (.doc)
+ WordPerfect Document (.wpd)
+ WPS 2000/Office 1.0 (.wps)
+ .rtf, .txt, and .csv
+ StarWriter formats (.sdw, .sgl, .vor)
+ DocBook (.xml)
+ Unified Office Format text (.uot, .uof)
+ Ichitaro 8/9/10/11 (.jtd and .jtt)
+ Hangul WP 97 (.hwp)
+ T602 Document (.602, .txt)
+ AportisDoc (Palm) (.pdb)
+ Pocket Word (.psw)
This app uses the OpenOffice license. It can be installed and distributed for free.
B) The file manager module, which provides the following functionality:
- Home directory when you first load the file manager.
- Operations with files: copy, move, create.
- View the file properties: name, size, date.
- Light and Elegant client UI.
- Document preview support.
The subscription inside the app consists on the following:
- The length of the subscription is 1 month
- The price of the subscription is $0.99
- The subscription will be auto-renewed every month so that you can continue enjoying the app without ads.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Ratings and Reviews
This app isn't ready for use yet . I gave it 2 stars only because of the nostalgic value .
Keep working on it though . I think it's something people really want
Very Poor Interactions
I am a retired technology professional and this app is very inefficient and poorly designed. I hate this because I used the Open Office Suite by Apache on my Mac and it is a great product. I help design several apps for my company and I understand the challenges. The screen for this app is a medium gray and difficult to see, the tool bar is blurry and the key board does not pop up immediately and is difficult to locate. If you could make the interface more like the Mac product I would buy it. But this product is sub-par in comparison to Pages (which has a Word conversation tool) or Citrix Share product. Hardly ever give a bad review but so disappointed in this app and will be removing it from my device.
Don’t waste your time
Doesn’t work on mobile devices at all! Doesn’t fit right on the screen. Keyboard doesn’t come back up as soon as you click on something else. You can’t even read most of it! It doesn’t even deserve 1 Star!
- Securenet Sistemas Avanzados, SL
- 8.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © SSA
- In-App Purchases
- Use the app without ads. $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.