Developed for Mayerson Academy's accredited Orton-Gillingham training programs now offered online, this simple and effective Orton-Gillingham electronic card deck enhances understanding of over 80 common grapheme-phoneme correspondences that form the building blocks for reading and spelling. Each grapheme* card offers the multisensory experience of hearing the corresponding phoneme and key word, watching a video clip showing articulation of the phoneme, and the opportunity to practice the phoneme with a voice recording/playback option.
- Easy-to-navigate, multisensory flashcard approach for in-depth practice or quick review
- User-friendly interface with clean, modern graphics that appeal to children and adults
- Use with Orton-Gillingham based reading programs or in conjunction with any phonics-based curriculum
- Useful literacy tool for educators, university students in education-related fields, reading tutors, O-G practitioners, Speech-Language Pathologists, ESL learners, parents, and children
- Learn the logical sequence of multiple spellings for 21 graphically-represented phonemes
- Select one or more categories for each practice session, including consonants, single vowels, consonant digraphs, vowel teams, vowel + r, short vowel signals, VCe, and common suffixes.
- Toggle easily between controlled and random presentation of graphemes
- Record/playback feature allows users to hear their own pronunciations
- Multiple Spelling Practice gives you the ability to hear and see the sound being dictated, write down the multiple spellings, and check your answer.
- Use the app independently or supplement with a printed version of Mayerson Academy’s O-G Card Deck
- Enhance the multisensory experience by simultaneously tracing/stating each grapheme-phoneme correspondence in a nearby rice tray or on a textured surface
Visit http://www.mayersonacademy.org/orton-gillingham-multisensory-reading for more information on Orton-Gillingham training.
*grapheme = a single letter or string of letters that represents a specific phoneme (sound)
An Auditory (Phoneme-Grapheme Dictation) Drill feature has been added in this update. When you click on “Multiple Spelling Practice” in the menu, you now have the ability to hear and see the sound being dictated, write down the multiple spellings, and check your answer.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Spelling option good but no video or sound?
I love the idea of the spelling/auditory drill but I have an iphone x and the sound and video does not work for that part. I was really hoping I could recommend this app to parents during the Covid 19 quarantine. I don’t want them doing regular flashcards since many if not most patents don’t know all the correct sounds. My students don’t have time to learn incorrect sounds and then spend twice as long fixing their confusions. Otherwise I really love this app!
Needs a search function
Great app with lots of needed additions but please add a search function. If I or a student is practicing specific parts, we have to click through the entire order which is bogged down while waiting for the word to load to move to the one we’re looking for.
Great app! (Please make one correction)
The multiple spelling practice is a wonderful feature! Very helpful to hear the sound, write down your answer on separate paper, then check it by revealing answer in the app.
Would you correct the video for multiple spelling #14? Short e should be the stimulus for the response “e, ea.” Thanks!
I will use and recommend this app to beginning tutors who need to practice their sounds.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.