An app for people interested in technical details of lubricants and lubricant specifications. We present a collection of definitions and articles about motor oil and gear oil specifications and standards, all in consumer language.
The app introduces some of the key organizations (e.g. API, ACEA, etc.) responsible for setting standards for the oil industry and some of the most important specifications they issued. Beyond that there is a dedicated section for OEM specifications issued by the largest vehicle manufacturers (e.g. Volkswagen, Mercedes, etc.).
We also feature useful articles about the most common lubrication related issues like why do vehicles need regular oil changes or what are the reasons of oil consumption.
This app includes information about the following companies and organizations and the specifications set by them:
- American Petroleum Institute (API)
- European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- International Lubricants Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC)
- General Motors
- Mercedes Benz
- PSA Peugeot-Citroën
- Redesigned user interface.
- The app's content is now downloaded from the cloud so no need for a new app version on content update. The content will still be available offline after it was downloaded.
- This app uses remote notifications so it can predownload new content even when it's not running.
- Spotlight integration: the app's content is now searchable from outside the app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.