OIL is a game about digging for oil in early 1900s America. It’s a two player game that you play against a computer player or with your friend on the same device. OIL is a tense digital board game that plays a lot like battleships with a major oil mining twist! Unlike battleships, in OIL you and your opponent share the same play-space and compete for the same oil. Use your strategic mastery to beat your opponent and show who is the best oil miner! Influenced by the film ‘There Will Be Blood’, OIL focuses on the competition of oil mining in the iconic setting of the American oil boom of the early 1900s.
18 levels for you to unlock on the path to oil mining greatness.
3 tiers of ai difficulty to test your skills against.
Beautiful chilled out soundtrack to immerse you in the world of OIL.
Play against you friend using pass and play to see who’s best.
Portrait or landscape for on-the-go mining.
Simple tap and swipe controls with an intuitive minimalist interface.
Levels which reference scenes from ‘There Will Be Blood’.
No internet connection required to play.
“I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!”
OIL has now been updated for the newest iPhones and iPads. Happy mining and thanks for your patience!
Ratings and Reviews
Half finished game
So it is super easy first of all. Second why do I need to place tiles at the start of the round? Have the A.I. handle that. You don't even use the placement either way. Third a top view could be useful or a zoom out/in that stays. Lastly why in the heck is there no retry after a level ends?! The game is decent but I feel like it's a half hearted attempt. And there are hardly any levels. Who really plays pass and play? This is not a fleshed out game and should get some more updates before anyone thinks of buying it. Good luck dev, maybe I'll eventually get my money's worth but it seems you needed quick cash.
Smart, yet confusing
Gameplay is easy and there is strategy involved. What a great movie as inspiration for the game, btw. The soundtrack is fitting and blends in without distraction.
However, the tutorial needs work. There is no reference to the purpose of the boxes in the upper right corner. “Adjacent” tiles needs definition. When starting the first level after the tutorial, there are black boxes to be placed on tiles before the round starts. There is no explanation why they need to be placed or what they do.
Please add detail to the tutorial. I look forward to learning more about how the game works. This app has a lot of potential!
A lot of problems
Here are the problems that I have with the game.
- You cannot move the camera to any position and have it stay there. Only snaps to one of four. Also, zooming does not work as once you let go of the pinch it resets the zoom.
- No top down view. Sometimes there is stuff in the way on the screen that you cannot easily see around (see the first issue)
- The appears to be no logic behind which tiles get grouped together. Sometimes you get a single box of 2 x 2 tiles while other times the game breaks them into two 1 x 2 right next to each other. It does this for other groupings as well. I even played the game on two player mode to try and figure out what the logic was and I could not find the logic.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- WEE DOOR LIMITED
- 541.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Wee Door Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.