Make the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum part of your Santa Fe Experience! Enjoy free tours of the galleries and learn more about her life and career, her homes in New Mexico, and specific artworks.
The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, in Santa Fe, New Mexico, opened to the public in July 1997, eleven years after the death of the artist. Welcoming visitors from all over the world, it is the only museum in the United States dedicated to an internationally-known woman artist.
One of the most significant artists of the 20th century, Georgia O’Keeffe (1887-1986) was devoted to creating imagery that expressed what she called “the wideness and wonder of the world as I live in it.” She was a leading member of the Stieglitz Circle artists, headed by Alfred Stieglitz, America’s first advocate of modern art in America. These avant-garde artists began to flourish in New York in the 1910s. O’Keeffe’s images—instantly recognizable as her own —include abstractions, large-scale depictions of flowers, leaves, rocks, shells, bones and other natural forms, New York cityscapes and paintings of the unusual shapes and colors of architectural and landscape forms of northern New Mexico.
The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum is the largest single repository of O'Keeffe's work in the world. Throughout the year, visitors can see a changing selection of these works. In addition, the Museum presents special exhibitions that are either devoted entirely to O’Keeffe’s work or combine examples of her art with works by her American modernist contemporaries.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We advise you to quit the app when finished.
Updated platform release
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful insight into O’Keeffe’s life through her art.
Okay content, poor functionality
Definitely recommend visiting this museum if you’re a fan of female and/or contemporary art. However, app lacks ease of use and numeric cues in galleries are misaligned with app content. Good content but poor functionality and organization. Here are some user tips:
1) download app before arriving at museum as the website link provided at museum is broken. 2) do not use GPS in the galleries as it’s unnecessary. 3) type in digits 1-80 (at least) in sequence as there’s good content but digits aren’t posted in galleries. 4) It’s a two step download process which is archaic in the app world; must download the app AND download more software to load gallery content. The download also takes forever if using the museum wifi.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
- 81.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Yoruba
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.