• Updated store listing screenshots.
• Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Best mobile game ever
I have played Runescape on and off since I was a teenager(28 now). I always loved the game, but couldn’t play as much as I wanted since I have had kids now. I loved when they brought out osrs because that was the game I fell in love with. I play when I can and work on grinding here and there, but this coming out on mobile is the best thing that could have happened for me now as an adult. It is the full game just as it is on PC and it’s the same character I have on PC. I can log in on either device.
The mobile game controls really well. I wasn’t sure about the camera controls at first, but you can adjust the look speed and slowing it down made things feel better for me. I like that they have the screen control options on the left side allowing you to one-tap or always right click as it is on PC or tap to drop. This makes it to where I am pretty comfortable doing almost anything in the game from my phone. I don’t think I would do PKing on mobile, but I was never much of a PKer anyway. I have done quests, trained Melee, magic, done farm and birdhouse runs and had no trouble with any of it.
Being able to play this game from my phone anytime I want is amazing. It’s even better on my iPad. The 1 star reviews I have seen are nonsense. People who don’t understand the game and get mad way too easy. From someone who has played osrs for years and understands the game this is really great on mobile.
A large amount of the bad reviews are uninformed
After looking through about a hundred of the 1 star reviews i saw that a very large percentage of them were people upset about the progress of their characters they made a decade ago not transferring over. What they don’t understand is that jagex re-released oldschool runescape in 2013 and everybody needed to start from the beginning if they wanted to play. Their old accounts are still available to them on the “main” game. This is the oldschool version and the reason they are upset does not at all reflect the quality of this app.
Oldschool runescape is a fantastic game which has been massively growing since its birth in 2013. Against all odds the outdated graphics and grindy gameplay has thrived in this generation of video games which are typically the opposite. If you’re looking for a mobile game with flashy graphics and an instant gratification gameplay loop giving you rewards every 15 seconds to keep you interested and offering you the ability to skip the gameplay for small amounts of real life money, then this isn’t the game for you. It is old runescape (the pinnacle of last generation MMOs) in all of its glory.
Oldschool runescape has the best gaming community out there and is run by an extremely dedicated developer team who update the game almost 100% based on player feedback. Anybody who hasn’t given it a try is very much missing out.
Ignore the poor reviews
1) Ignore all the poor reviews giving to this game. Especially JaredL42 guy. If you’re an old player coming back, don’t expect to have you old account saved. OSRS evolved over the years to what is now known as RuneScape3 (RS3) that’s where your old account is. Due to high demand of bringing back the old school RuneScape. Jaggex had to Re-create separate game (osrs) for the community to try save the player base. People were happy OSRS was back and that’s what they prefer to play while others enjoy playing RS3. So there for you have to start over for OSRS while your old account is still in RS3. Stop complaining and don’t listen to those whining spoil kids.
2) If you’re a veteran or returning player this is an awesome app! Great way to AFK training or even to kill time. There’s definitely things you wouldn’t want to do on mobile like PK’ing or maybe even raising against hard bosses. Just because it’s a little harder on mobile.
3) if you’re a new player this may take time to get use to, I’ll recommend to try the full experience on PC for you to get the full feel of the game then come to mobile. Because I do see mobile more beneficial to veteran players. Don’t get frustrated with the game, it’s an mmorpg there’s so much to do in this game and it takes time to learn.
Overall I’m very happy with the work they have done!!
- 118.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Jagex Games Studio
- In-App Purchases
- 12 Month Membership $99.99
- 3 Month Membership $29.99
- 1 Month Membership $10.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.