CREATE. ANNOTATE. COLLABORATE. A professional dictation app providing enhanced workflow and security. Includes a 60 day free trial of the Olympus Dictation Delivery Service.
Create new dictations quickly and easily. Simply open the app, tap new and start your recording.
Edit dictations and attached pictures to your files for better reference on your topic.
Send completed dictations into your existing transcription workflows using an ODDS account (required).
The Olympus Dictation App is a simple recording app designed to work with the Olympus Dictation Delivery Service (ODDS) resulting in an enterprise level dictation solution. ODDS is a cloud-based subscription service offering centralized control, advanced workflow and routing functions for your dictations. Sign-up for a free 60 day trial of the ODDS service directly from within the app. An ODDS account is required to use the app.
FOR UPGRADING USERS
Recent enhancements to the app will now require you migrate your data and settings.
Please follow the setup wizard on the app to sign-up for ODDS.
If your company is already using Olympus Dictation and you need to add a new user license please contact your Administrator.
1. Record, insert & overwrite dictations
2. Attach pictures to your recording
3. Priority Setting
4. Simple search function
5. Send dictations to Olympus Dictation Delivery Service (ODDS)
6. Support of audio formats DSS & DSS Pro (industry standard for professional speech processing)
7. Integrated with existing dictation and transcription workflow with Olympus Dictation Management System.
8. Password protected dictations supported by DSS Pro (256 bit AES encryption)
9. Secure data transfer via HTTPS / FTPS / SFTP
10. Optional connection to a self-hosted ftp server
11. Auto-split of large files
12. Central administration via Olympus Dictation Portal (access via web browser)
- Assigning dedicated worktype lists to users (groups)
- Defining recipients for users
- Defining transfer methods and recording formats
- Setting security features
- Using meta information like Author IDs for automatic processing
For further information see
http://www.olympus.eu/odds-phone (for Europe)
http://www.olympusamericaprodictation.com/app (for U.S.)
https://www.olympus.com.au/Products/Software-Applications/Audio-Software-Workflow (for Oceania)
Improved: Changed the display of the options setting when adding additional Recipients.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can't use on phones me calls
We were like looking at this to replace our hand held recorders at work for interviews and it can't be used on live calls
New version greedy cash grab
This app was always convenient and easy to use. I transcribe and email to my secretary, for whom I paid for expensive Olympus transcription software to transcribe. Now, with no notice, Olympus changed their business model to make the process less efficient, by taking my dictation, uploading to their server, then charging me an additional fee to send the dictation to my secretary. Plus, although a 60 day trial period is given - the emails that showed up to my secretary are nothing but static. Pathetic and definitely not recommended. Charge a one-time fee for the app or something, not the privilege of being able to email a file from my phone to my secretary.
Lost many important recordings
I have used Olympus for dictation with good results for many years,
but recently my phone based Olympic app, which we paid for, lost
several very important and long dictations what are taking me many
hours to recreate, because I have to go back and review documents
and find mark ups. I would definitely recommend not using this
product without understanding this risk.
The company informs me that the phone no longer has the recording
when it is sent, and that if the e-mail sent does not make it to the e-mail
address the recording is gone. So your recordings are only as secure
as the internet system and internet, so good luck.
I recommend using a system where the phone retains the data until
you voluntarily delete it.
I am very disappointing in this apparent flaw, and wish anyone trying
this system the best.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.