Two-week free trial! OmniFocus Standard and Pro are in-app purchases, with discounts for people who bought earlier versions of OmniFocus for iOS. Or you can get OmniFocus for iOS, Mac, and web for just one price with the OmniFocus Subscription. Download the app for details.
Use OmniFocus to accomplish more every day. Create projects and tasks, organize them with tags, focus on what you can do right now — and get stuff done.
OmniFocus — now celebrating 10 years as the trusted, gold-standard to-do list app — brings unrivaled power and flexibility to your iPhone and iPad, making it easy to work the way you want to work.
OmniFocus manages everything in your busy life. Use projects to organize tasks naturally, and then add tags to organize across projects. Easily enter tasks when you’re on the go, and process them when you have time. Tap the Forecast view — which shows both tasks and calendar events — to get a handle on your day. Use the Review perspective to keep your projects and tasks on track.
Then let our free syncing system make sure your data is the same on all your iOS devices. (And on OmniFocus for Mac and Web, available separately.) Because your data is encrypted, it’s safe in the cloud.
STANDARD FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• NEW: Tags add a powerful additional organizing tool. Create tags for person, energy level, priority, location, and more.
• NEW: Batch editing lets you set due dates, tags, and other data for multiple tasks all at once
• NEW: Flexible inspectors allow you to show only the features you use, and reorder them so your favorites are where you want them
• NEW: The Forecast view shows your tasks and calendar events in order, so you can better see what’s coming up in your day
• NEW: Enhanced repeating tasks are easier than ever to set up — and they work with real-world examples such as the first weekday of the month
• Inbox is where you quickly add tasks — save them when you think of them, organize them later
• Syncing supports end-to-end encryption so that your data is safe wherever it’s stored, on our server or yours
• Notes can be attached to your tasks, so you have the information you need
• Attachments — graphics and audio — add rich information to your tasks
• View options let you customize each perspective by deciding what it should show and how it should filter your tasks
• The Review perspective takes you through your projects and tasks — so you stay organized
• With Siri support you can add tasks just by talking
• OmniFocus Mail Drop adds tasks via email and works with services like IFTTT and Zapier
• The Today Widget and the Apple Watch app show you your most important items — you don’t even have to open OmniFocus on your phone to know what’s up
• Support for TaskPaper Text and omnifocus:///add and /paste URLs lets you automate using Workflow
Pro features make OmniFocus even more powerful:
PRO FEATURES (VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Custom perspectives help you create new ways to see your data by filtering and grouping projects and tags. NEW: The filtering rules are simpler to use while being more powerful than ever, letting you combine rules with “all,” “any,” and “none.” You can also choose any image to use as your custom perspective’s icon, and a custom tint color to go with it.
• NEW: Today’s Forecast can include items with a specific tag, and you can reorder those tasks however you choose, so you can plan your day better
• The customizable sidebar and home screen lets you organize your perspectives the way you want to, for super-fast access
• The Today Widget shows a perspective of your choice in Notification Center
Download OmniFocus right now and start your free trial! The app includes a quick tutorial and a manual — and there’s plenty more on the website.
If you have feedback or questions, our Support Humans would love to hear from you! Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or reach us on Twitter at @omnifocus.
OmniFocus 3.3.4 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
• Dropped Projects — Fixed a problem where projects marked dropped in versions of OmniFocus earlier than 3.3 for iOS (3.4 for Mac) didn’t get the correct status circle appearance.
• Omni Account Creation — Fixed a problem where account name validation was too restrictive in terms of allowed characters.
• Progress Views — Fixed a problem that could cause a Threading Policy Violation, or when attempting to Clean Database, a hang.
• Subscriptions — Fixed a problem with the “Unregistered Subscription” alert where the displayed number of days until the registration deadline could be very large or very negative.
• Web Content — Fixed a problem where in certain versions of iOS content wouldn’t load in About OmniFocus, Help, and Release Notes.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.
Ratings and Reviews
A Must Have For Productivity!
I recently upgraded from OmniFocus 2 to OmniFocus 3. At first I was a bit disappointed. Stylistically the app doesn’t look much different than the previous version until after a few days later when I realized that there is so much under the hood. In fact it is a brand new an incredibly powerful productivity tool that has maintained the same familiarity that its users have grown accustomed to, while adding tremendous amount of power and flexibility, so much so that I would say whether you follow GTD or any other system, or you want to make your own OmniFocus can support that. The note field is absolutely incredible. You can add an email and it would display as if you are viewing it in your email client. Tags are incredibly powerful and easy. Custom perspectives can organize your data however you like to view it . While you can customize the app to such degree that it no longer looks like when you first got it, it is incredibly powerful and useful right out of the box. Another feature that I absolutely love is the Review Perspective which is so unique to OmniFocus and not offered by any other productivity app on the market. I can keep writing but all of this is a testament to the OmniGroup for their ability and understanding of how to make us more productive while enjoying the process. Many, many Thanks!!!
One of the key tenets of GTD is being able to trust your system. Once a task has been captured, you can relax in the knowledge that it won't be lost; won't be forgotten. OmniFocus on my iPad, iPhone and Mac give me that confidence.
The GTD system is centered around the concepts of Projects and Contexts, which previous versions of OmniFocus supported elegantly. Contexts in particular were a powerful tool, but sometimes frustrating to organize. It was hard to fit every task into a single, meaningful context. The “big idea” with OmniFocus 3 is the change away from context to tag. Tags work exactly like contexts did previously, but you can have many of them on a task instead of one. This is a major game changer. All my tasks were migrated to the new version with no problem, with my former contexts converted to tags. Now I'm rethinking everything about how to use tags in more flexible ways, especially using geofencing tags (like a “Home Depot” tag and a “Lowe's” Tag on tasks to pick up potting soil).
OmniFocus 3 oozes quality and craftsmanship which I've come to expect from the Omni Group. As a loyal customer, I did get it for a discount, but it was an insta-buy anyway. Can't say enough about this great company.
Powerful App, Can Use Anywhere! (Runs on arms and a legs)
I love the app, but have a love/hate relationship because of the pricing and portability. They seem to be going the way of SaaS, which I think will drive away most people. It’s great that they can now differentiate themselves from many, not all, of the other ProdApps by supporting web-based access. But the pricing seems to just be getting worse. There’s a lot of loyal customers out here who have shelled out for the IOS and MacOS apps, upgrades, and now with the introduction of a subscription model for both the apps and webapp, I really don’t think I’d consider spending any more when there are totally free, totally portable options limited only by the number of simultaneous projects!
It’s hard not to feel milked as an OF customer. Of course, If there were other OS versions available, they would all each cost another $50.
Update: Thanks for responding, I’ve always had good experiences with sales and support. I understand that has been the official argument over the years, the problem is that this is something that your competition is able to do more and more often. The inability to meet customer needs, whether technical or financial, will not be met with endless loyalty when there are other, seemingly more hospitable options out there. I really want to see OF succeed, it’s a better product. But the validity of that argument is fading fast.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the kind words about OmniFocus, and sorry for the pricing frustration! As you've probably heard over the years, it's not a sustainable business model for us to offer free upgrades for life to those who pay once for OmniFocus—that's why we've released paid upgrades in the past, and will continue to do so for those who choose that model. We've added the OmniFocus Subscription for those who are interested in paying one price for OmniFocus everywhere, and the discounted Web Add-on (available from our website) for our existing customers that want to add web access (which we are similarly unable to give away in perpetuity). Whether you're paying a la cart or for the subscription, we stand by the value that OmniFocus offers those who make use of its advanced functionality—but we acknowledge that it's a tough transition for those who might have preferred the all-in-one model and feel locked into our a-la-carte model based on previous purchases. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help.
- The Omni Group
- 175 MB
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2019 The Omni Group
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial Free
- Free Trial Free
- Upgrade to v3 Pro $37.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.