Design, create, sketch, and diagram. An incredibly powerful app for both beginners and professionals. Start the 2-week trial now.
Create quick, beautiful, and portable charts, graphics, designs, mockups, and more. Use your iPad and iPhone screen as your paper, canvas, and whiteboard—all in one. It comes with thousands of searchable objects via Stenciltown, like server racks, space planning stencils, iconography, and more.
OmniGraffle provides a thoughtful, professional interface for creating everything from basic wireframes to polished interface sketches, tools to construct SVG graphics for your next website, or designing the layout for your next hundred-server project. Sync all of your documents as you make changes using OmniPresence, our open source sync technology. Need extra security? Use your own server.
A thoughtful sketch or professional diagram communicates far better than words. When you need a clear understanding of how information needs to be presented or how processes are carried out, OmniGraffle 3 for iOS is the tool to help you organize your thoughts visually, document them beautifully, and communicate them to the world. OmniGraffle 3 has features and functionality you won’t find anywhere else, and it behaves exactly how you’d expect an iPad and iPhone app should with multitouch gestures, Share Sheet integration, and more.
NEW IN 3:
- Redesigned interface to make common tasks readily available.
- Canvas Size Modes: choose between Fixed, Flexible, or Infinite.
- SVG Import
- Unified Sidebar List of Canvases, Layers, and Objects
- Group Visibility
- Artboards and Artboard Layers (PRO)
- App Lock
- Hot Keys for Tools
- Convert Text to Shape (PRO)
- Zoom to Object, Scroll to Selection
PRO features (in-app purchase):
- Visio Import and Export
- Blending Modes & Fill Effects
- Artboards and Artboard Layers
- Shared Layers
- Shape Combinations
- Shape Tables
- Automation Plug-Ins and Actions
STANDARD features (in-app purchase) include:
- Automatic Layout
- Unit Scaling
- Shape Recognition
- Bézier Lines & Shapes
- Point Editing
- Full Screen Split View
- Smart Guides
- Free Stencils via Stenciltown.com — search and download on the web or in the app
- OmniOutliner Import & Export
- Freehand Sketch
- Automatic Diagram Layout
- Create Multi-Page (canvas) documents
- Share pages quickly with PNG, PDF Export
- Wrap text within custom shapes
- Quickly change a shape’s style with the Style Inspector
- Save Documents to Photos
• Document Browser — OmniGraffle now uses Apple’s built-in document browser for file management. With Apple’s file browser, you can sync your documents using iCloud Drive or a third-party sync solution that fully supports OmniGraffle files, or you can continue to sync your documents via OmniPresence.
• OmniPresence — Downloaded files synced via OmniPresence are now stored locally in a subfolder of the OmniPlan folder on your device. By default, OmniPresence does not download larger synced files automatically; tap the OmniPresence icon in the file browser toolbar to open the download manager and choose files to download.
• Syncing Templates and Stencils — Stencils and Templates stored in the OmniGraffle folder in iCloud Drive (if you have iCloud Drive enabled) will automatically appear in the Template picker when creating a new document and in the Stencil browser when editing a document.
• Context Menus — Quickly perform common actions via context menus, accessed via 3D Touch or the touch and hold gesture.
• Dark Mode — When your iOS device’s Appearance is set to Dark, OmniGraffle’s interface will now automatically switch to Dark Mode.
• Multitasking — Work with two OmniGraffle documents simultaneously in Split View, or open several documents in multiple spaces on iPadOS.
• Thumbnail Previews — Preview images are generated and saved as part of the file when a document is edited. Existing files will not display a preview in the file browser until they are edited.
• Alignment — Added a new preference to control the alignment behavior. You can now toggle between Align to First-selected Object and Align to Selection.
• Omni Automation — We’ve made a number of improvements to Omni Automation, including support for input dialogs and file output. For more details, see the Omni Automation Release Notes (which can be found in the API Reference documentation).
• Gestures — Added support for the new 3-finger system gestures for Undo, Redo, Copy, and Paste – 3-finger tap to see the new options! Gestures now respond faster to touch input and less utilized gestures have been removed.
• Templates — Refreshed the diagramming templates with new designs.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @omnigraffle.
If OmniGraffle empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniGraffle and make them more productive too.
Ratings and Reviews
The current version running on the last generation iPad Pro on the latest iOS has video update delays. It is very frustrating when trying to type test in boxes and copying and moving boxes. The screen does not refresh with the updated text until I click again on it. The moved boxes tend to resize before move and the undo does not appear to work since the screen is not refreshing properly.
Please look into this. Your products are great.
The UI updates are very good and intuitive (especially if you are familiar with previous versions). But this latest version has huge problems with the gestures I’ve used from earlier versions. For example I use “Duplicate” very often. I touch and hold the object and then two-finger tap where I want the duplicate to be. Instead of duplicating the object, the original object displays it is selected. The older versions would have selected the original object as soon as it was touched. If I two-finger tap a second time the object will be duplicated. This is very awkward.
Another problem is that if I tap and hold an object and then two-finger tap (which selects the first object) and then remove my finger from the original object and tap-off to unselect the first object a selection circle is displayed randomly on the screen. If I tap-off again then a selection bubble is displayed. It takes 3 tap-offs to fully clear the selection.
I use an iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil and this issue displays regardless of the proximity of the Apple Pencil. I use this tool professionally and this is costing me time. Please fix the gesture issues and I will bump this back up to 5 stars because the new UI is great.
Version 3 updates your paid for app into a non-working trial
I purchased OmniGraffle for the iPad when it first came out. I used it off and on. Version 3 comes out as an update. It is not an update. It replaces the full version you paid for with a trial version. Pay more money or give up. Other companies make a new app when they want to charge again (I have GoodNotes 4 and 5 on my iPad at the same time), but OmniGroup just causes the one you paid for to be removed and replaced by a non-functional trial.
I have used Omni products for years. I bought OmniGraffle for the iPad when it first game out. Removing a customer’s ability to use a previously purchased app is simply unacceptable.
I sure am glad they can’t do the same thing on a Mac (at least I hope they can’t). It’s a pity, I used to respect this company.
- The Omni Group
- 225.3 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2019 The Omni Group
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial
- Free upgrade to v3 Pro
- Unlock Pro $119.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.