Design, create, sketch, and diagram. An incredibly powerful app for both beginners and professionals. Start the 2-week trial now.
Create quick, beautiful, and portable charts, graphics, designs, mockups, and more. Use your iPad and iPhone screen as your paper, canvas, and whiteboard—all in one. It comes with thousands of searchable objects via Stenciltown, like server racks, space planning stencils, iconography, and more.
OmniGraffle provides a thoughtful, professional interface for creating everything from basic wireframes to polished interface sketches, tools to construct SVG graphics for your next website, or designing the layout for your next hundred-server project.
A thoughtful sketch or professional diagram communicates far better than words. When you need a clear understanding of how information needs to be presented or how processes are carried out, OmniGraffle 3 for iOS is the tool to help you organize your thoughts visually, document them beautifully, and communicate them to the world. OmniGraffle 3 has features and functionality you won’t find anywhere else, and it behaves exactly how you’d expect an iPad and iPhone app should with multitouch gestures, Share Sheet integration, and more.
NEW IN 3:
- Redesigned interface to make common tasks readily available.
- Canvas Size Modes: choose between Fixed, Flexible, or Infinite.
- SVG Import
- Unified Sidebar List of Canvases, Layers, and Objects
- Group Visibility
- Artboards and Artboard Layers (PRO)
- App Lock
- Hot Keys for Tools
- Convert Text to Shape (PRO)
- Zoom to Object, Scroll to Selection
PRO features (in-app purchase):
- Visio Import and Export
- Blending Modes & Fill Effects
- Artboards and Artboard Layers
- Shared Layers
- Shape Combinations
- Shape Tables
- Automation Plug-Ins and Actions
STANDARD features (in-app purchase) include:
- Automatic Layout
- Unit Scaling
- Shape Recognition
- Bézier Lines & Shapes
- Point Editing
- Full Screen Split View
- Smart Guides
- Free Stencils via Stenciltown.com — search and download on the web or in the app
- OmniOutliner Import & Export
- Freehand Sketch
- Automatic Diagram Layout
- Create Multi-Page (canvas) documents
- Share pages quickly with PNG, PDF Export
- Wrap text within custom shapes
- Quickly change a shape’s style with the Style Inspector
- Save Documents to Photos
• Stencils: Added a Kanban stencil.
• Images: Improved performance when using large images.
• Document Browser: The Copy Current Canvas as PDF option is no longer available from the Document Browser.
• Documentation: Updated the Reference Manual for corrections and clarification.
• Gestures: Restored the ability to manipulate Bézier handles individually. The gesture for this has changed and instead of a second finger hold on the canvas, a second finger tap on the canvas will switch between modes.
• Gestures: Bézier handles can be pulled out of the vertices on shapes.
• Gestures: Sub-selection within a group can be changed without selecting the whole group first.
• Gestures: Gestures continue to function after using the iOS system Undo via the 3-finger gesture.
• Gestures: Fixed a bug preventing dragging objects a small distance due to the drag being incorrectly interpreted as a tap.
• Gestures: Image mask mode can once again be easily activated with a single tap on an already selected object.
• Gestures: It is possible to select a smaller object positioned on top of an already selected object.
• General: Restored the warning when opening a file that contains images in text fields. These images are not supported on iOS.
• Inspectors: Restored the Convert Text to Shape option in the Text inspector.
• Visio Support: Visio files can be imported when the Microsoft Visio Viewer is installed.
• General: Drag handles appear when a multi-selection includes a group and a line connected to both an object inside and outside the group.
• Undo: When a connected object changes position due to using the 3-finger Undo gesture, the screen redraws the correct content.
• Siri Shortcuts: Restored Siri Shortcuts for opening documents.
• Canvases sidebar: Objects can be locked via the sidebar's contextual menu.
• Stability: Fixed a crash on undoing a Text Overflow setting change.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @omnigraffle.
If OmniGraffle empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniGraffle and make them more productive too.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The UI updates are very good and intuitive (especially if you are familiar with previous versions). But this latest version has huge problems with the gestures I’ve used from earlier versions. For example I use “Duplicate” very often. I touch and hold the object and then two-finger tap where I want the duplicate to be. Instead of duplicating the object, the original object displays it is selected. The older versions would have selected the original object as soon as it was touched. If I two-finger tap a second time the object will be duplicated. This is very awkward.
Another problem is that if I tap and hold an object and then two-finger tap (which selects the first object) and then remove my finger from the original object and tap-off to unselect the first object a selection circle is displayed randomly on the screen. If I tap-off again then a selection bubble is displayed. It takes 3 tap-offs to fully clear the selection.
I use an iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil and this issue displays regardless of the proximity of the Apple Pencil. I use this tool professionally and this is costing me time. Please fix the gesture issues and I will bump this back up to 5 stars because the new UI is great.
Frustrating to use
I want to like this app. I want to USE this app. But it’s very clunky. I try to position shapes but they snap to weird positions that aren’t even on the grid. Creating custom stencils was brutally non-intuitive (apparently they don’t show up if you save them in the cloud?) Sometimes it gets into a mode where I can’t even add text boxes. That was the tipping point for me, leading me to write this review. I know there’s a powerful tool underneath here, it’s just HARD to use, especially compared with the desktop version. Not what I would expect from an app for which I’ve paid so much, nor from a company with so much experience. I don’t want to have to carry my laptop with me just to make some basic diagrams—that’s why I though the iPad app would be useful. I’m sorry, but this app is just really not quite there.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for letting us know your points of frustration! The bug with being unable to add text should be fixed in the latest updated, 3.11.2. The problem was with certain gestures resulting in our gesture system getting stuck in a bad state after our iOS 13 update. As for stencil locations, currently they need to be saved in the local OmniGraffle application folder or the OmniGraffle folder in iCloud that is created by the app. In an upcoming feature update we will be adding the ability to link arbitrary folders for templates and stencils so they appear in the app.
The issue with shapes snapping off grid is not something we have an obvious explanation for. We would love to talk with you about this issue to figure out what's going on. Our support team can be reached at email@example.com or by phone Mon - Fri, 10am - 5pm Pacific at 1 (206) 523-4152. Thanks!
Version 3 updates your paid for app into a non-working trial
I purchased OmniGraffle for the iPad when it first came out. I used it off and on. Version 3 comes out as an update. It is not an update. It replaces the full version you paid for with a trial version. Pay more money or give up. Other companies make a new app when they want to charge again (I have GoodNotes 4 and 5 on my iPad at the same time), but OmniGroup just causes the one you paid for to be removed and replaced by a non-functional trial.
I have used Omni products for years. I bought OmniGraffle for the iPad when it first game out. Removing a customer’s ability to use a previously purchased app is simply unacceptable.
I sure am glad they can’t do the same thing on a Mac (at least I hope they can’t). It’s a pity, I used to respect this company.
Developer Response ,
Version 3 launched with our current free download with a 2 week trial and in-app purchase model and could be installed simultaneously with version 2. This is how we're able to offer our 50% upgrade discount. It does not automatically replace OmniGraffle 2.
We do remove apps from sale when a new major version is released to prevent accidentally buying an old version. However, previous versions can always be downloaded via your Purchased list in the App Store. Our Support team is happy to answer any questions or guide you through the reinstall process. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone Mon - Fri, 10am - 5pm Pacific at 1 (206) 523-4152. Thank you!
- The Omni Group
- 222.4 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 The Omni Group
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial
- Free upgrade to v3 Pro
- Unlock Pro $119.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.