OmniPlan: Project planning made painless. Free 2-week trial.
OmniPlan is designed to help you visualize, maintain, and simplify your projects. Break down tasks, optimize the required resources, and monitor your entire plan—all at a glance. Visualize your project’s tasks in a Gantt chart or Network diagram. Automatically sync projects across multiple personal devices or collaborate with your colleagues and share every detail. Run Monte Carlo simulations to forecast milestone completion dates with varying levels of confidence. OmniPlan helps you manage projects that are as simple or complex as you need them to be—without the complexity.
With the free two week trial, you can try all of the features of Standard and Pro without buying anything. After the trial, you can continue to use OmniPlan to view documents for free.
STANDARD FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Gantt Chart — Add groups, tasks, and milestones to your project and watch OmniPlan transform the timeline of your project into a beautiful Gantt chart. The project Gantt chart graphically shows task durations, start and stop times, dependencies, resources, or resource usage by task, all on a timeline. You can visually edit tasks and create dependencies by connecting them in the Gantt view.
• Network Diagram View — An elegant and easy way to rapidly prototype and visualize your project’s flow as a network diagram of nodes connected by dependencies.
• Resource Leveling — Identify bottlenecks in your project and distribute workloads fairly and efficiently with OmniPlan’s resource management.
• Leveling Priority — Define leveling priority for tasks in your project.
• Violation Resolution — If your schedule has a logical impossibility, OmniPlan will find it and suggest the best course of action to restore order.
• Catch-Up and Reschedule — If everything is going as planned, bring the completion percentage of every task (or just the selected tasks) in your project up to today’s date. If you have tasks which were planned to be complete by now, but aren’t, quickly reschedule them.
• Meeting Task Type — Specify if multiple resources need to work on a task independently or simultaneously.
• Unlinked Duration and Effort — Set different values for a task’s effort and duration, then let OmniPlan crunch the numbers for your resource assignment percentage.
• Multiple Baselines — Take snapshots of your schedule, then compare them as your project progresses to make sure you're still on track.
• Critical Path — Flip a switch to highlight tasks that have the biggest impact on your deadline.
• Display Off-Hours — Display all off-hours, holidays, and weekends in the Gantt chart.
• Change Tracking — Keep tabs on and review the changes you've made in your project so far.
PRO FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE):
• Microsoft Project Import/Export — Open Microsoft Project® 2016 or earlier documents directly in OmniPlan and export to Project 2013.
• Monte Carlo Simulation — Run multiple simulations in seconds to forecast milestone completion dates with varying levels of confidence.
• Publish & Subscribe: Sync your entire project to the Omni Sync Server or to your own WebDAV server. Make changes to your project and sync to see those from your collaborators.
• Change Tracking: Keep tabs on and review the changes you've made in your project so far. If you're syncing, use change tracking to review, browse, and then accept or reject changes task by task or en masse from your collaborators.
SUPPORT: If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @OmniPlan.
OmniPlan 3.12 for iOS introduces support for new features in iOS 13 and iPadOS and adopts Apple's standard iOS file browser.
• Document Browser — OmniPlan now uses Apple’s built-in iOS file browser for document management. With Apple's file browser, you can store and sync your projects using iCloud Drive or a third-party solution, or you can continue to sync your projects via OmniPresence.
• OmniPresence — Downloaded files synced via OmniPresence are now stored locally in a subfolder of the OmniPlan folder on your device. By default, OmniPresence does not download larger synced files automatically; tap the OmniPresence icon in the file browser toolbar to open the download manager and choose files to download.
• Thumbnail Previews — Preview images are generated and saved as part of the file when a project is edited. Existing projects will not display a preview in the file browser until they are edited.
• Context Menus — Quickly perform common actions in a project via context menus, accessed via 3D Touch or the touch and hold gesture.
• Dark Mode — When your iOS device’s Appearance is set to Dark, OmniPlan’s interface will now automatically switch to Dark Mode. (Specifying the Dark or Light theme on a per-project basis is no longer supported.)
• Multitasking — Work with two OmniPlan projects simultaneously in Split View, or open several projects in multiple spaces on iPadOS.
• Omni Automation [PRO] — We've made a number of improvements to Omni Automation, including support for input dialogs and file output. For more details, see the Omni Automation Release Notes (which can be found in the API Reference documentation).
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniPlan.
If OmniPlan empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniPlan and make them more productive too.
Ratings and Reviews
Quite a mature app now!
I had used the original OmniPlan, but was not doing much on my iPad, so didn't make the most of it.
In looking last night, I found I could get upgrade pricing on OmniPlan 3, so I took the plunge. Very happy I did! Lots of new functionality, and I LOVE the network view.
I'll still use MS Project at work, but at home, I use my iPad exclusively. iOS is soon going to support file-sharing, and workflows/scripting is coming of age in iOS. OmniFocus and OmniOutliner already support scripting. Can't wait until OmniPlan does too!
Never has worked for me
App has never worked for me. So many glitches and so many crashes. I’m amazed that people use it. Basically nonfunctional in my experience.
Great replacement for MS Project in iOS
Love this app in my IPad Pro, great work guys!
- The Omni Group
- 58.4 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2017 The Omni Group
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade $99.99
- Pro Upgrade (with discount)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.