OmniPlan: Project planning made painless. Free 2-week trial.
OmniPlan is designed to help you visualize, maintain, and simplify your projects. Break down tasks, optimize the required resources, and monitor your entire plan—all at a glance. Visualize your project’s tasks in a Gantt chart or Network diagram. Automatically sync projects across multiple personal devices or collaborate with your colleagues and share every detail. Run Monte Carlo simulations to forecast milestone completion dates with varying levels of confidence. OmniPlan helps you manage projects that are as simple or complex as you need them to be—without the complexity.
With the free two week trial, you can try all of the features of Standard and Pro without buying anything. After the trial, you can continue to use OmniPlan to view documents for free.
STANDARD FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Gantt Chart — Add groups, tasks, and milestones to your project and watch OmniPlan transform the timeline of your project into a beautiful Gantt chart. The project Gantt chart graphically shows task durations, start and stop times, dependencies, resources, or resource usage by task, all on a timeline. You can visually edit tasks and create dependencies by connecting them in the Gantt view.
• Network Diagram View — An elegant and easy way to rapidly prototype and visualize your project’s flow as a network diagram of nodes connected by dependencies.
• Resource Leveling — Identify bottlenecks in your project and distribute workloads fairly and efficiently with OmniPlan’s resource management.
• Leveling Priority — Define leveling priority for tasks in your project.
• Violation Resolution — If your schedule has a logical impossibility, OmniPlan will find it and suggest the best course of action to restore order.
• Catch-Up and Reschedule — If everything is going as planned, bring the completion percentage of every task (or just the selected tasks) in your project up to today’s date. If you have tasks which were planned to be complete by now, but aren’t, quickly reschedule them.
• Meeting Task Type — Specify if multiple resources need to work on a task independently or simultaneously.
• Unlinked Duration and Effort — Set different values for a task’s effort and duration, then let OmniPlan crunch the numbers for your resource assignment percentage.
• Multiple Baselines — Take snapshots of your schedule, then compare them as your project progresses to make sure you're still on track.
• Critical Path — Flip a switch to highlight tasks that have the biggest impact on your deadline.
• Display Off-Hours — Display all off-hours, holidays, and weekends in the Gantt chart.
• Change Tracking — Keep tabs on and review the changes you've made in your project so far.
PRO FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE):
• Microsoft Project Import/Export — Open Microsoft Project® 2016 or earlier documents directly in OmniPlan and export to Project 2013.
• Monte Carlo Simulation — Run multiple simulations in seconds to forecast milestone completion dates with varying levels of confidence.
• Publish & Subscribe: Sync your entire project to the Omni Sync Server or to your own WebDAV server. Make changes to your project and sync to see those from your collaborators.
• Change Tracking: Keep tabs on and review the changes you've made in your project so far. If you're syncing, use change tracking to review, browse, and then accept or reject changes task by task or en masse from your collaborators.
SUPPORT: If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @OmniPlan.
OmniPlan 3.13.1 is a minor update focused on bug fixes.
• Server Accounts [PRO] — The Server Repositories menu item is no longer displayed in Standard mode (this feature requires OmniPlan Pro).
• Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when authenticating a site license.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniPlan.
If OmniPlan empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniPlan and make them more productive too.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ok but lot of bugs
Works reasonably ok: crashes less frequent than before,
UI glitches present here and there.
Support extremely responsive during trial, but disappears after you pay $200 - 2+ weeks til response (if any).
Treat it like a cheap restaurant - the food is there, but not always fresh & well-cooked, and the waiter doesn't care.
Developer Response ,
We’re really sorry to hear that you’ve had this experience! Our Support team’s goal is to respond to all customer emails within one business day, regardless of whether one our applications has been purchased. However, our Support team has been fielding a higher than normal volume of email since the release of iOS 13, and we have not been able to respond as quickly to incoming emails as we’d like to. Due to the anonymous nature of App Store reviews, we are not able to associate your review with your emails in our system - hopefully you’ve received a response to your most recent inquiry by this point in time! If you haven’t, could you send a new email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (800) 315-6664 and reference this review? Thanks!
Crash crash crash crash
Omniplan (in general) is one of the best Project Management tools on the planet - full stop. But the iOS version is an unstable mess. It feels clunky and inefficient while the Mac version is the opposite, and the app constantly crashes on my iPad Pro making it nearly useless. I really can’t believe how unstable this app is, especially given the price and pedigree.
Developer Response ,
We’re really sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve encountered with OmniPlan for iOS on your iPad Pro. Could you reach out to our Support team, if you haven’t done so already? They can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 1 (800) 315-6664. We’d love to get OmniPlan for iOS up and running as a reliable companion to OmniPlan for Mac for you!
Quite a mature app now!
I had used the original OmniPlan, but was not doing much on my iPad, so didn't make the most of it.
In looking last night, I found I could get upgrade pricing on OmniPlan 3, so I took the plunge. Very happy I did! Lots of new functionality, and I LOVE the network view.
I'll still use MS Project at work, but at home, I use my iPad exclusively. iOS is soon going to support file-sharing, and workflows/scripting is coming of age in iOS. OmniFocus and OmniOutliner already support scripting. Can't wait until OmniPlan does too!
- The Omni Group
- 57.6 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2019 The Omni Group
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade (with discount)
- Pro Upgrade $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.