“As we’ve come to expect from Handelabra, the digital version is flawless.” - David Neumann, StatelyPlay.com
“One Deck Dungeon offers a wealth of strategic gameplay.” - Christian Valentin, AppSpy.com
“A surprisingly deep dungeon crawler with vital decisions to be made at every turn.” - PixelatedCardboard.com
Adventure calls... but you don't always have time to spend hours optimizing your character sheet or managing your inventory! One Deck Dungeon lets you jump right in to bashing down doors, rolling dice, and squashing baddies with style. Get a full roguelike game experience, boiled down to its essence, and captured in a single deck of cards and a handful of dice!
One Deck Dungeon is a dungeon crawling adventure game for one or two players. Each time you play, choose one or two of these 5 brave heroes:
• Mage - There's rarely a problem in the dungeon she can't solve with a spell.
• Warrior - Her favorite dungeon activity is squashing her opponents immediately.
• Rogue - Watch in awe as she dispatches monsters with style.
• Archer - Accurate, brilliant, catastrophically deadly.
• Paladin - She seeks out danger and shields her allies from deadly enemies.
After every game, your heroes make progress toward unlocking up to 15 new talents, building up their power for future games.
There are 5 dangerous challenges to face:
• Dragon’s Cave - The thick-skinned wyvern who occupies this dungeon prefers her heroes on the crispy side.
• Yeti’s Cavern- If you can survive the freezing winds and biting cold, an abominable snowman awaits.
• Hydra’s Reef - Chop off one head, and another appears! This regenerating venomous monstrosity is a slippery foe.
• Lich’s Tomb - Hordes of undead foes, evil curses, and magical wards. What could possibly go wrong?
• Minotaur’s Maze - Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!
The Forest of Shadows expansion doubles the content in the game and is available via In App Purchase. It features adventures in all-new lush yet deadly locales. A vast network of mossy underground tunnels and connected forest areas await your heroes!
• 5 new heroes - Alchemist, Druid, Hunter, Slayer, & Warden
• 5 new dungeons - Lair of Indrax, The Mudlands, Realm of Venom, Smoldering Ruins, & The Vile Roots
• A complete new 44-card encounter deck
• Additional progression focuses, basic skills, potions, & more!
Individual expansion cards are available via In App Purchase:
• Caliana - This faerie has decided that dungeoneering looks fun! Don't let her get bored...
• Fanatic - A righteous Sentinel is here to smite evil wherever it may lurk!
• Witch - Her chaotic magic hammer is ready to smash glooping oozes into glooping puddles!
• Cinder Plains - The Hellhound awaits those reckless enough to venture here...
• Phoenix's Den - Only the bravest heroes can handle the heat!
Once you know your way around the dungeon, a game takes about 15 minutes. It might take a little longer if you're learning, or a lot shorter if you jump into a pit of spikes.
Warning: do not jump into a pit of spikes.
All cards in One Deck Dungeon have many colorful boxes. Roll your dice, and attempt to fill in as many boxes as possible. For every one you don't fill, you’ll suffer consequences in hearts and time! Once you complete an encounter you'll be able to learn a new skill, acquire a new item, or gain experience to level up your hero.
Welcome to the world of One Deck Dungeon. Adventure awaits!
One Deck Dungeon is an officially licensed product of “One Deck Dungeon” from Asmadi Games.
For more information on One Deck Dungeon, check out OneDeckDigital.com
One Deck Dungeon is now a Universal app! The game can now also be played on iPhone 5 and later, and iPod touch (6th gen) and later.
• Fixed a problem interaction when using the Whirlwind or Synergy Aura skills.
• Encounter cards are once again visible in the Card Library screen.
• Fixed issues with using Alchemist's heroic feat and certain potions when playing on phone.
• Fixed layout of Gauntlet screen on iPhone X.
Ratings and Reviews
I was skeptical when I first encountered this game. How much strategy could there be in a single player game where you’re just rolling a bunch of dice, right? Well, there is a lot of strategy in the decisions that you make as you progress through the game and even within a single encounter. You do get bad (really bad) rolls now and then that can ruin a game, but if you’re careful and expect some bad luck you can usually avoid the worst results.
I haven’t had any crashes or other serious problems on my Air 2. There does seem to be a problem with the random number generator, though. After about 1600 rolls the stats show that 1s are about 10% more likely than 2s, 3s, 4s, and 5s; and 6s about 5% more frequent than 2-5. The stats have been consistently that way from the beginning, too. After 1600 rolls I would expect the frequency of each to be roughly equal (or at least to fluctuate over time), but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
This is a very good game and I’m enjoying it quite a bit so far.
Great! One of the best!
This is truly one of the very best games on the app store. It is the most faithful reproduction of a physical games I have seen since Pandemic. Great work! Minor areas for improvement: music variation would be great. The soft "Puzzlequest-like" music seems rather calm for this game at times. I might enjoy a variety of themes that build with the excitement. Also, I'm not a fan of game promotions on the opening screen, but I get it. Overall, I am very pleased with the $25 I spent for game and expansions. Well done. I will continue to buy expansions (if they maintain this level of quality) as they are released.
One feature request: it would be fun if we could name our characters. You could also have multiple instances of a single character class. Just my wish list.
Great iPad version of a fun solo dungeon crawl
One Deck Dungeon (ODD) is a super-fun game! It’s a dungeon crawl in which you play 1 or 2 heroes exploring a randomly drawn set of monsters and obstacles on your way to fighting a variety of bosses. The game cleverly scales itself to get harder if you play with multiple characters at once and as you go deeper into each dungeon, so it’s always a good challenge and you really get a feeling of accomplishment when you beat a dungeon. You also have the option of gaining experience points for your heroes that you can carry from game to game. I’ve played the original card and dice game this is based on and was happy to purchase it again for the iPad so I can take it with me and have the tablet run the game. Big thumbs up to ODD, A+++++!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Handelabra Studio LLC
- 311 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Copyright © 2018-2019 Handelabra Games Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Forest of Shadows $9.99
- Fanatic $0.99
- Phoenix's Den $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.