Bring global education to life with this all-inclusive virtual library of global friends + education toolkits. Broaden horizons and get out of your bubble! Experience the similarities and differences you have with real kids around the world through their stories, games and even their language. Interactive, memorable and fun stories from real children in Europe, Asia, Africa and North America promote global competency, cross-cultural communication and social and emotional intelligence beyond borders.
"One of 50 apps all kids should use at least once." - Common Sense Media
"Mind-building excellence and winner 2016 Smart Media Award" - Academics' Choice Awards
Fun and entirely safe for kids 4-10 years!
• Record yourself practicing new languages (In how many languages can you count to 10 and ask someone to play?)
• Put your friends and family on the globe
• “Story Adventure” - decide together what to do next
• Ideal for home and classroom
"A fine resource for early childhood education units on global studies and social-emotional learning” - School Library Journal
"50 Awesome Apps for Teachers" & "6 Awesome Apps for Social Studies" - Scholastic
• Brings global education to life
• Encourages 21st century skills - global competency, cross-culture communication, & social and emotional intelligence
• Includes cross-curricular Education Toolkits for each location with hours of activities for elementary school classrooms
• Multilingual - Listen to and/or read in English, French and Dutch, perfect for ELL students
One Globe Kids-All Friends is the most memorable way for children to experience the globe we share short of getting on an airplane themselves! It includes all current friends (real, fun kids in Haiti, The Netherlands, New York City, Israel and Burundi) and all future friends. New friends will simply appear for free in the app!
• Does NOT collect any personal information from users. Users can upload their own image, record their own voice (counting to 10 in Kirundi, for example!), and put themselves on the globe within the app, but this data stays on the device and is NEVER transmitted.
• Has NO advertisements in it.
• Does NOT include any social media links or plug-ins.
• Does NOT link to other websites.
• Does NOT include in-app purchases.
• Has a positive view of the world, regardless the race, nationality, education level, gender, or socio-economic background.
• Believes diversity is beautiful and essential.
One Globe Kids is certified kidSAFE. We follow the “Know What’s Inside” best practices for safe kid’s apps.
Fixed an issue with selecting a story type.
Ratings and Reviews
As a teacher always looking for new ways for kids to engage with other cultures, this app caught my eye. As kids aged 6-8 are trying to work out where and how they fit in the world and how they are alike and different from kids globally, this was a terrific introduction for deeper discussions. While kids may share a classroom with kids from other cultures, this app allows kids to see how kids in other countries live - what their schools look like, their homes, what they eat, how they play. The photographs are gorgeous and engaging and the ability to practice speaking other languages is so fun for kids. One of my more socially awkward kids recorded himself responding to the child's prompts in the app and simulated a conversation with the boy from Haiti. What a terrific way to 'practice' conversation with those who are different from them and know what kinds of questions to ask to yield information they can relate to.
As a curriculum head, I was pleased to see that the app nicely aligns with Common Core standards, making it even easier to incorporate this tool into everyday teaching.
As a mom, my son is fairly addicted to the app, liking to quiz me on Haitian Creole vocabulary! The price includes all of the One Globe stories, making it easy to access all of the app's "friends". Nice. Hoping to see more countries soon.
Amazing app! My 7 year old and I both love it. We love books and this is a whole new way to hear a story. My 7 year old says “It isn’t all about listening, you actually get to make choices!” and “I like the fact that they are real people, and we are meeting them”. For me it’s a great way to get the conversation going about the entire world and other cultures. A springboard of learning that’s not only entertaining in the moment, but that leads to questions from my 7 year old for us to research, and take the education about culture and others around the world even further. She really wants to go visit these kids. So do I :)
I asked a fourth grader and a primary principal to review the app to get their feedback. The fourth grade girl thought "it was was cool and fun to learn how kids do things in other places". The principal said, "It is well done, and informative as it walks you through the day in the life of a child from another country. It gives you just enough information to make you want to learn more."
As a classroom teacher, I plan to use it when we study other cultures to help my students understand how we are more alike than different with others around the globe. JSG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.