Instill a love reading with One More Story, an online library of the best of classic and contemporary picture books read aloud.
To access to the One More Story library, you must be a paid subscriber to One More Story. You will need Internet access while using this app. The app streams large multimedia files.
One More Story received the James Patterson PageTurner Award for finding "original and effective ways to spread the excitement of books and reading."
Other awards --
- Parents' Choice Award
- Teachers' Choice Award
- School Library Journal's Top Ten Digital Resources
Featuring picture books from well known authors and publishers, soundtracks composed by the former music director of Sesame Street, and narration by professional actors, One More Story allows beginning readers to experience the wonder of quality literature before they are fully effective readers.
Empowered by our unique scaffolding process, students can listen and follow along with highlighted text as a story is read to them, or read it themselves in the I Can Read It mode, clicking on words to hear them read aloud.
- Dynamic library of over 80 classic and contemporary favorites added to continually
- Original music by former music director of Sesame Street
- More than 25 professional actors provide a variety of narrative voices
- Vocabulary (new feature!) helps early readers learn the meanings of more advanced words
- Individual word highlighting synced to the narration allows children to organically learn the connection between the spoken and written word
- Listening Game (for school use only) assesses student comprehension at the end of selected texts
- Titles by Cynthia Ryland, Ezra Jack Keats, Eve Bunting, Bernard Most, and others
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for kids!
Ive been using One More Story for years and was thrilled to see an iPad app finally. One More Story os a great resource for little kids - pre readers and early readers. With different voices reading each book and unique music, each book is an adventure and my kids just love it.
They've got a great selection of books, including well known authors like Ezra Jack Keats, and some gems Ive never heard of before. My younger one loves being read a story and my old one uses I Can Read It mode to practice - clicking on words that are difficult to hear them read aloud.
I fully recommend One More Story to parents and teachers!
App needs work. Narration is great
The app is honestly complete garbage. They need to take lessons from a real app developer. Look at how audible or something similar loads the books. There’s no search or filtering of any kind. It desperately needs help.
The narration and the read-along technology is fantastic. Increase the library and fix the app and it’ll be perfect
My girls (5 & 2) are obsessed with this app. We listen to a few stories almost every day while I get lunch ready. The library is big enough to offer good variety and the narration and music/sound effects are very nice. I initially paid for the shortest membership but upped it to annual. Also, customer support is very responsive and helpful!
- One More Story, Inc
- 30.5 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2017 One More Story Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1-week Subscription $1.99
- 3-month Subscription $16.99
- 1-year Subscription $45.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.