A word from the developer: Working out consistently has always been a struggle for me until someone introduced me to the 100-Day Burpees challenge.
For the first time, I managed to work out consistently for 87 days in a row. On day 88, food poisoning put an end to my challenge and I didn't make it to 100 days.
The good news is that I'm now ready to start again with a great new app to track my progress.
I built this app for different reasons:
1. It will push me to continue working out because I love challenging myself and keep track of my progress.
2. It will help folks that struggle to get back into shape by offering them easy workouts that can be done at home without any gear or equipment.
3. If you're a competitor at heart, it's a great tool to gamify your workouts with friends.
Whether your goal is to lose weight, get fitter or build muscle, you can shape your challenge to suit your level and preferences.
Here is how it works:
1. Pick an exercise: burpees, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, kneeing push-ups, lunges, jumping jacks, mountain climber...
2. Select the length of your challenge: 3, 7, 10, 30, 60, 90 or 100 days.
3. (Optional) Set a number of reps you will add every day (+1 per day is recommended for beginners), but you can also pick 0 to keep the same amount of reps per day throughout your challenge.
4. Select the number of reps you will do on day one. (start small, especially for longer challenges)
That leaves you with a challenge that could look like this:
- Starting with 5 burpees today, I will do five more burpees every day for the next 10 days.
- Starting with 1 push-up today, I will do one more push-up every day for the next 30 days.
- I will do 7 jumping jacks every day for 7 days.
The key is not to smash huge sessions straight away. You need to get your body used to move. And starting with a minuscule amount of efforts is the best way to fight procrastination.
I remember when I started my 100-day burpee challenge a few months ago... I just decided to start, did 1 burpee and I was done for the day. The next day, I did two burpees and I was done for the day. And with small incremental progress like that... I slowly started gaining strength and felt better in my body.
If you would have told me I would be able to do 87 burpees in a row when I started, I would have never believed it.
So that's the key... start with dead-easy goals, show up every day and do a little more every day.
Important rule built in these challenges: If you miss your reps on a specific day, you need to catch up on the next day. So if you had to do 10 push-ups today, and tomorrow you are meant to do 11, but you skip today somehow. You will have to do 21 push-ups tomorrow. This built-in rule is a great way to keep yourself committed and motivated do show up every day.
I hope you will like what I came up with. All feedback, suggestions can be sent to me on this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and you can also find me on Instagram at @edouard_iosdev. I occasionally share my burpees session in my Stories so definitely be on the lookout for that.
Happy workouts people.
Another bug fixed preventing some of you to views body metrics.
Ratings and Reviews
One Rep is a great app to get into working out. It starts out small then gradually builds!
Ed, the developer, is always quick to respond to messages and take suggestions to improve the app.
Would highly recommend 👍
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your great review! I’m super glad you like the app :)
I love the concept of this app! Super silk design! Ive recommended this to all of my close friends and Id do the same for you. Try to outbeat your friends in a friendly competition of 100 burpees you wont!
Developer Response ,
All the best with your challenge! I’m on Day 10 of my 100-Day burpee challenge! Let’s do this! Thanks again for the great review. I really appreciate it. 🙌🎉
Loving it so far!
Great app! Loving it so far. Also great that the developer wants actionable feedback!
Developer Response ,
Thank you Jose! Feedback is always super useful! Thanks for the review. Cheers,
- Edouard Barbier
- 41.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Edouard Barbier 2019
- In-App Purchases
- One Rep Premium $9.49
- One Rep Premium $19.99
- One Rep Premium $4.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.