OneBit Adventure is an action-packed retro roguelike game where you explore a dangerous world as you continue to evolve and develop against rogue enemies. Your primary focus in OneBit Adventure is to survive. There are a plethora of different enemy types you will engage and you will have to use all your skills to stop them.
-- Multiple Character Classes--
In OneBit Adventure, you can be a warrior, blood knight, wizard, necromancer and pyromancer. Each character has its own unique play style, stats, abilities and weakness. You will need to do everything in your power to grow your character and build the ultimate class.
-- How to Play --
The way you play is by moving your character with the arrows found at the bottom right of the screen. Attack enemies by bumping into them and constantly moving that direction. You can also acquire coins to stock up on healing items and explore the world filled with delicious loot and dungeons.
-- Leveling up --
Since OneBit Adventure is RPG at its core, you will earn experience every time you eliminate an enemy. You do have a limited amount of life displayed in the bottom left side of the screen, if your life reaches 0, its game over. Once you reach a new level, you will acquire skill points that can be used on unique skills. These differ for every character class where some increase magic powers while others increase critical chance.
-- Manage your inventory --
As you play OneBit Adventure, you will acquire all kinds of items during your trips. Every item’s power is explained in the inventory. Some items will restore HP, others restore mana or give you temporary boosts. If you find yourself low on life or mana, you can stop at any given time and come here to replenish. Enemies move as you move in this pixel turn-based roguelike game.
If you like RPGs and want to play a fun RPG on mobile, then you should consider OneBit Adventure right now. Stay away from the bottom of the screen and move onward to amazing adventures, all while trying to survive the creatures ahead.
• Immersive world
• Numerous classes to choose from
• Improve your character’s skills
• Engage in amazing battles
More fixes inbound!
- Fixed Coins not saving if you switch from Hardcore to Classic playing Level Select
- Fixed ranking scores sending wrong scores if you switch from Hardcore to Classic playing Level Select
- Fixed claiming hardcore ranking VIP causes diamonds to not be redeemed
- Fixed themes not updating when leveling up VIP
- Fixed VIP themes still charging diamonds when it should be free for VIPs
- Fixed campfire not working for certain players with revive timer bug
- Added reconnect to servers for post score with low connection
- Added Battery saver (wip)
Ratings and Reviews
Fun, tidy design, gets a little stale
Enjoyable, very reasonably priced gems, but after about 4300+ steps I found myself thinking the following:
1. Would be nice to have a low health warnings, deep in the zone it’s easy to miss the red orb, especially if you swap hands and your thumb covers it.
2. Might be nice to have or brew a ranged or area attack potion. Allowing a chance at killing death without getting death.
3. Epic and Equipped both share an E in the picture preview... that’s a bit confusing.
4. Don’t allow selling equipped items.
5. After a certain point, meat, apples and pears gets kinda pointless and I barely go out of my way to get them anymore.
6. A bit more variety in level layout and backgrounds. Another cave or dungeon type?
7. A ranged enemy? Or an enemy that attempts to flee with something picked up or stolen?
8. The prize falloff on the leaderboards is pretty extreme. I played for hours, landed at 4th place, that’s 25 gems, 1st place is a 1000 and keys? Seems pretty extreme, perhaps tiers, brackets or some other way of dividing players up a little more? Not sure how to solve this, but I don’t fancy trying to beat my steps record again.
9. Higher level than legendary?
Keep up the good work.
Developer Response ,
Definitely love the detailed feedback. Will be adding these to my notes and expecting to implement them in future updates. The fallout for rankings is pretty harsh, but will be upgrading the server to allow a larger range of prizes. Thank you so much for the feedback and suggestions!
Phenomenal so far
I’m very impressed with the amount of game there is for it to be free. One suggestion I would make would be a way to pause or leave and come back. I had a 7000 step journey, and I chose to die bc I had been at it for about 2 hours, and I knew that was enough for the high score. Also the blood knight seems a touch OP. I found myself out-healing most enemies’ damage. That being said, I’ve only played him and the warrior class; maybe he’s supposed to feel that way. Being able to see resources when the blacksmith hands you the bill would also be a nice quality-of-life feature. Lastly, I feel a starker contrast for the three resources would be beneficial aesthetically. You could keep the largely monochrome aesthetic intact if a pattern was laid over them, in addition to their different shape (i.e. dots, diagonal lines, crisscross, etc.). But overall, a great game, and 100% worth the download.
A nearly perfect game.
Edit: Have not tested new update yet. Will update review when played.
First impressions are incredible. Instantly distinct music, sharp art style with good use of color.
Gameplay is simplistic with only needing one finger yet always open to being mixed up with clever strategies.
First game session had me going for three hours. So it’s addictive.
But it also has extreme amounts of replayability.
No ads whatsoever. A rare standard for a free mobile game. Although there’s such a long period between deaths that I think it would be fair to play an ad for every death, if it meant it would still support the developer for such an amazing game.
Controls are responsive, both in D-Pad and swipe mode.
Simple GUI and leaderboard system. Really puts power into the “less is more” phrase.
Future requests to polish this game:
Be able to customize the scaling size of the D-Pad and more precisely the position of it.
Change the “out-of-bounds” color so it’s distinguishable from the playfield.
An optional setting where the screen doesn’t smoothly scroll up as you move up but instantly jump to it’s higher position. For those who like it to be more responsive that way.
Overall, this game is well-built, lag-free, eye-catching, but most of all, fun.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the amazing feedback and suggestions! Dpad customization is on its way very soon. I will definitely consider the out-of-bounds color and optional screen settings. Glad you are enjoying the game! :)
- Jonathan Concepcion-Rodriguez
- 83.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Galactic Slice LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 100 Diamonds $0.99
- 600 Diamonds $4.99
- 1,500 Diamonds $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.