Hey - We've got some great new bug fixes for you!
General UI Improvements:
* Stop persisting the Info tab as a place to which you can reopen the app. You really don't need to come here on a regular basis, so why show it to you if you're just coming back into the app? It makes no sense.
* Show more Recent Stops Quick Actions - The Today widget now appears when you force touch the app's icon, which means that including an option to view your bookmarks seems redundant.
* Keep loading stop departures until we find one - We'll keep loading depatures on your stop until we find one, which means less tapping and more transit riding.
* Prevent your phone from going to sleep when you have the Stop Controller visible - Your screen will no longer dim or turn off when you're looking at a stop.
* View service alerts directly on the stop, instead of having to tap through to see them.
* Improves the accessibility label for the current temperature on the map
* Make it possible to open stops on the map when VoiceOver is running
* Adds a special 'nearby stops' button to the map when in voiceover mode
Ratings and Reviews
This is not real time tracking
The app said the bus was 3 stops away when it was at my stop. My location services were on. The entire ride to work, the app was inaccurate by multiple stops. This is nice for a general idea, but it's tracking algorithm is clearly not accurate when it comes to how long busses take to get from one stop to the next/can't account for when busses don't stop.
Fairly disappointing considering the app boasts real time tracking, which I took to mean their is a gps in the bus tracking it. This is not real time tracking. It's "within 5 minutes tracking". Not good enough for commuting to work and minimizing time at a bus stop.
Best bus app I've seen
This app does sensible, useful things, and has a vastly better interface the other transit apps I've seen. It has a developer that apparently cares about making it better, which is practically unheard of. It even has good iPad functionality, and takes advantage of the larger format! I'm from San Diego; when I visited LA recently, I sorely missed this app. Trust me, the alternatives are all much worse. Sure, it's sometimes a little off on the timing estimates between stops. It doesn't handle layovers well, assuming the bus will leave early because it's present before the time it's scheduled to leave. And when a bus stops at the same stop when going in two different directions, I wish it would separate them out into different listings. But if you want to find, with reasonable accuracy, when a bus will be somewhere, and even filter by routes or bookmark frequently used stops, this is a solid and functional app, and if your local transit company makes use of it, believe me, it's way better than anything they would've come out with themselves. I use it often and am frequently pleased at how not-impossible it is to use, which is high praise for an app of this nature. I rarely encounter bugs, and updates actually bring useful improvements. It's a rare thing: a free app I'd actually be willing to pay for.
It was good and then it wasn’t
I used to love this app to death and it saved me a lot of time and stress when I first started tracking my buses with it. However, with this latest update, I’ve found that all the buses I’ve taken tend to be running multiple minutes earlier or later than what the app says. The algorithm has gotten altogether inaccurate over the last year or so. This wouldn’t be as frustrating to me, except that with the latest update the dev team removed the in-app reporting system for issues with bus arrival. I don’t know about you, but I neither want to write an email every time I ride a bus because it was ten or more minutes off OBA’s schedule, nor do I want to continue using an app that’s inaccurate where there’s nothing being done to fix it. Sad to say I’ll be moving to a different transit app.
- University Of Washington
- 38 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Brian Ferris
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.