Take the awesome power of your Microsoft Xbox One console, and give it the portability and convenience of the Nintendo Switch. Stream your Xbox One games to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and play from anywhere with access to your home network. Never again will your gaming be interrupted when someone else needs to use the TV!
• Supports HD 1080p video for crisp, smooth gameplay
• Various control methods including any MFi game controller and the built in virtual on-screen controller
• Highly tuned performance with extremely low lag
• Multiple profile support so you can use any number of different Xbox One consoles or Xbox Live gamertags
• Customise the virtual on-screen controller to your liking
• Quick and easy one-time setup, start playing within seconds
• For the best streaming experience, your Xbox One should be connected to your home network via LAN cable and your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch should be connected to a 5GHz WiFi network.
• You will be required to sign in with your Xbox Live gamertag in order to register your Xbox One console with the app.
• In order to use your Xbox One wireless controller to play games with OneCast, you must be physically close enough to your Xbox One console to allow the controller to establish a wireless connection directly with the console.
• If you need any assistance, our technical support team are on hand and are committed to quickly resolving any issues that you may encounter.
Disclaimer: Xbox, Xbox One, and Xbox Live are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. OneCast is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft Corporation, or any associated subsidiaries, logos or trademarks.
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and stability enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I absolutely love this app! I have no issue playing my Xbox using this app. I don't have my Xbox hard wired to the internet and I still rarely experience any lag or glitches. (It still happens but it doesn't lag very long and everything snaps back to working very quickly) It works great on both my iPhone XR and my older iPad. Great for sitting on the toilet and not missing any game time. The only thing I could wish for out of this app is the ability to stream games over mobile data. So if any of the developers are reading this please please PLEASE!! Work on that for a future update. With the Xcloud service coming out I don't see any reason why this feature wouldn't be possible. I understand that it would require 5g and unlimited data but it would be so nice to be able to leave my Xbox on at home as a server and play full games while not at home. I couldn't recommend this app enough and have been telling everyone about it since I bought it. Very very worth every penny they are wanting for it. Great job Dev team!! Thank you for building such an amazing and useful app.
A decent solution
I got this so i wouldn't have to move my system from one room to another. Its pretty straight forward and simple to setup. Basically it views a live cast from your console with control overlay on the screen. It works surprisingly good! I have the system hooked up to a fios gigabit ethernet connection and a iphone xs max or ipad air and it runs very smooth. I can even hook up a wireless bluetooth controller xbox or ps4 and it does a very good job of controlling the games. My only hope is that it would come to the apple tv. I can airplay to my apple tv and its ok but there is quite a bit of lag especially in sound and made it difficult to play fps games or things that use fast movements. It still wasn’t bad i could manage but it could be better. All in all tho, for $12 im not going to complain much. If the developer could bring this to apple tv and make it run as well as it does on ios for tvos that would be amazing! Then it could run off an ethernet wired connection and watch on tv basically like a remote system, kinda like pstv... but so much better.
So the app works great.
I'll give some pros and cons here at the beginning with details below.
•Works well on even spotty wifi
•Small amounts of lag/stuttering on wifi, some of it caused by loading and resuming the game
•Works better then the Xbox App on Win10 laptop (for me)
•Best played on games that don't require quick reactions
•Have to unplug my Xbox and manually connect to the app everytime I use it
They recommend having your Xbox hooked up with an Ethernet cable but it's works fine on wireless.
Because of issues such as spotty signal connections and ok speeds (10mbps up/down) the stream will sometimes stutter, pause or lose connection.
Most of those though are when the game is loading, I resume the game after pausing and when certain types of cut scenes play.
I'm sure if I was wired or had better wifi these issues would be barely noticeable.
There is some lag, so I'm mainly playing turn based games.
I did play a single player shooter for a bit and it was okay. A little difficult to aim and move but was doing alright.
For some reason though this is working way better on my iPad Air 2 then my crappy laptop. Maybe it's because the iPad is newer and the laptop is breaking down but I'm not sure.
I will say though that the app almost never see my Xbox, so I have to manually put in the IP address to find it. Even then though I have to unplug my Xbox every time I want to use the app.
Either way I would recommend getting this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.