A word from the developer: Working out consistently has always been a struggle for me until someone introduced me to the 100-Day Burpees challenge.
For the first time, I managed to work out consistently for 87 days in a row. On day 88, food poisoning put an end to my challenge and I didn't make it to 100 days.
The good news is that I'm now ready to start again with a great new app to track my progress.
I built this app for different reasons:
1. It will push me to continue working out because I love challenging myself and keep track of my progress.
2. It will help folks that struggle to get back into shape by offering them easy workouts that can be done at home without any gear or equipment.
3. If you're a competitor at heart, it's a great tool to gamify your workouts with friends.
Whether your goal is to lose weight, get fitter or build muscle, you can shape your challenge to suit your level and preferences.
Here is how it works:
1. Pick an exercise: burpees, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, kneeing push-ups, lunges, jumping jacks, mountain climber...
2. Select the length of your challenge: 3, 7, 10, 30, 60, 90 or 100 days.
3. (Optional) Set a number of reps you will add every day (+1 per day is recommended for beginners), but you can also pick 0 to keep the same amount of reps per day throughout your challenge.
4. Select the number of reps you will do on day one. (start small, especially for longer challenges)
That leaves you with a challenge that could look like this:
- Starting with 5 burpees today, I will do five more burpees every day for the next 10 days.
- Starting with 1 push-up today, I will do one more push-up every day for the next 30 days.
- I will do 7 jumping jacks every day for 7 days.
The key is not to smash huge sessions straight away. You need to get your body used to move. And starting with a minuscule amount of efforts is the best way to fight procrastination.
I remember when I started my 100-day burpee challenge a few months ago... I just decided to start, did 1 burpee and I was done for the day. The next day, I did two burpees and I was done for the day. And with small incremental progress like that... I slowly started gaining strength and felt better in my body.
If you would have told me I would be able to do 87 burpees in a row when I started, I would have never believed it.
So that's the key... start with dead-easy goals, show up every day and do a little more every day.
Important rule built in these challenges: If you miss your reps on a specific day, you need to catch up on the next day. So if you had to do 10 push-ups today, and tomorrow you are meant to do 11, but you skip today somehow. You will have to do 21 push-ups tomorrow. This built-in rule is a great way to keep yourself committed and motivated do show up every day.
I hope you will like what I came up with. All feedback, suggestions can be sent to me on this email: email@example.com and you can also find me on Instagram at @edouard_iosdev. I occasionally share my burpees session in my Stories so definitely be on the lookout for that.
Happy workouts people.
Thanks for all the great feedback you guys sent me in the last few weeks. I hope everybody is safe and sounds and that you keep your workouts going from home.
This new version brings quite a lot of changes to the app.
1. 3D Models are here to explain the exercises offered in the app.
2. Custom exercises can now be added by Premium users
3. I've added a new display mode on the main tab to let you choose between a list display or a card display. This will be particularly useful for people who do several challenges at once.
4. I've also improved the UX to better highlight that you can tap on any of your challenges to display more details and set up reminders.
5. I fixed additional issues when it comes to reminders and Push notifications
There will be more features coming in the next few weeks. Keep sending your feedback and let's make this app better for everyone.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple Home Workouts
Never wrote a review before, but felt motivated to after using the app daily for the past two weeks. The simplistic body weight exercises provided by the app are incredibly simple and easy to get into especially in my case as someone who’s never exercised frequently. One of the best elements of the app is the daily increase of each workout which helps keep the exercises challenging, but not impossible which building up your tolerance to said exercises. My only complaint is the app could highly benefit from an Apple Watch extension, but aside from that I highly recommend this app!!
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thank you so much for this great review. I’m glad the app can have a positive impact for you. I’m sure you’ll love the next version. I’m bringing some could new features and a better UI for people who take on several challenges at the time. Stay tuned and keep the workouts going! Cheers, Ed
Helped me build a habit of working out
I’ve been using the app since last month, i took a break in the middle of last month because i was on vacation but went back on immediately and realized that i was actually doing the work and wanting to these workout easy day and finish them. i’ve became lazy the past few years and working out became a hassle. maybe my next step are doing these at a gym rather than home haha. no but this app isn’t something like immediate life changing, but more of a small step to change your life style.
What a great way to start the year!
I don’t normally go with that “new year, new me” resolution but I’ve been very serious about getting my body in shape. I needed something to keep myself accountable, a trainer of sorts to make sure I remember to put in the work, and something to get me started slowly but increase the difficulty as it got closer to my deadline.
Actually just got my reminder (set from inside the app!) that I have a few workouts to do for today! 2 thumbs up to Ed on his hard work! Currently my favorite fitness app of 2020 😎
Developer Response ,
Amazing review Steven! Thanks a lot for the support ;)
- Edouard Barbier
- 92.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Edouard Barbier 2019
- In-App Purchases
- One Rep Premium $9.49
- One Rep Premium $17.99
- One Rep Premium $4.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.