The purpose of OneWaySync is to safely create mirrors of folders in a simple and quick way.
This tool will sync in only one way, this means the source directory will not be changed and only the destination directory will be affected.
By switching off the option "Delete on Destination" you can keep all files backed up even if it no longer exist on the source directory.
You can also choose whether or not to copy the hidden files and directories.
▪ Configure as many slots as you want with different folders and configurations.
▪ Synchronizations are fast, only the changes are applied.
▪ Option to Quit OneWaySync, Sleep or Shut Down the computer, or execute a custom script once all synchronizations are complete.
▪ Optionally copy only the photos and videos from an iPhoto/Photos Library and neatly organize all files with the structure of your liking.
▪ Export Music, Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos, Home Videos, Podcasts, iTunes U, Audiobooks, Tones, Books and Playlists from your iTunes Library.
▪ Synchronize the Finder's label colors.
▪ Easily queue slots to be synchronized one after another.
▪ Option to delete files on the destination that no longer exist on the source folder.
▪ Option to copy hidden files and directories.
▪ Option to start copying as soon as OneWaySync is executed. (useful for creating schedules to run this tool from iCal for example).
▪ Option to write on log files all the operations perform during the synchronizations.
▪ Safely cancel synchronization at any time. You have the option to continue next time you synchronize.
▪ Mix 2 or more folders by setting the same destination on different slots and turning OFF "Delete on Destination".
▪ Perform multiple synchronizations simultaneously.
▪ Follow folders in case the name or location has changed.
▪ Scriptable, all actions can be automated using Apple Script.
Ratings and Reviews
Almost identical to Photo Sync App; No Support
I wound up buying 2 apps from this developer, only realizing afterwards that they were pretty much the same app. I've almost managed to get one of them to work for what I need, but there's a bug that's making it unworkable, and I can't get any replies to my requests for support. I hope that'll change, and if it does I'll update this review.
Great Simple Backup App
I was using another more elaborate app for backup previously. (It drove me nuts with its constant sync failures)
I switched to OneWaySync.
Love its simplicity and effectiveness.
Took me a while to straighten out the correct preferences, but I got it eventually.
Oktoids tech support was responsive and very helpful.
I highly recommend this app to anyone.
Disappointed in lack of "help" function AND lack of online support
This ap did correctly copy my files, however, I wanted to be able to schedule a backup and/or be able to tell that it is syncing on some regular schedule. I cannot see when the syncing occurs unless I'm to assume it is constant. Tried to access the help menu item and it brings up an error screen that indicates thre is "No Help". I also tried to access online support from the website but it simply takes you to the marketing page which is what you see when you buy the ap. Was very dissapointed in the lack of support and would not have purchased if I had know this was lacking. Guess I should have known better…. "you get what you pay for"… this ap was alot less then similar aps and now I know why,
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.