How old is your piano? Where your piano was built? And more ...
OPA - The first and one and only Online Piano Atlas application!
This application tells you the age of your piano - vertical or grand. It will also tell where and when the original factory was established. Often the original factory was closed, and the brand sold. Because of such change sometimes a different company manufactured your piano from a certain time using the same brand name. The Online Piano Atlas also pays attention to these for you. One of the many advantages of our application is that all the data is stored on our online server. This allows real-time user access., and guarantees accurate and up to date information. We can provide or upload new information in seconds, so when your request is posted, the correct and updated answer comes to you instantly.
We separated the upright and grand piano database, since their serial numbers do not necessarily match within the same brand. To start the search, just touch the category icon of your piano. The application will automatically load the appropriate selection of brands.
Our database includes vast number of brands from the past and present sorted alphabetically, and a quick search is also included.These lists are not final, but we are constantly updating and correcting them. If your piano brand is not found, contact us, and we will make all efforts researching and uploading them.
The past decades many piano manufacturers ceased production, and brands changed owners. As an example; a brand manufactured in Germany until 1950 may have been produced in China since 1990. To provide accurate information, in such case we indicate the change, letting you know that your piano was not manufactured in the original factory location or country but in another one.
Often serial numbers also contain letters. For example Yamaha or Kawai serial numbers indicate the country of origin by letters withing the serial number. This is also posted in our application.
If the manufacturer is still in operation, we list the link to their website.
The Online Piano Atlas is available in multiple languages. Currently available languages are: English, German, Hungarian, French and Simplified Chinese. Languages are user selectable.
- Piano industry news subpage where you can find the latest news from the piano industry. Use it FREE!
- Piano industry jobs subpage where you can see the piano industry job offers around the world. Use it FREE!
- Find out the world piano brands sorted as present or past manufactured ones. Use it FREE!
- After two years of free service, we are asking for your small support. This will help us with further developments and updates. Please subscribe to the Piano Age Calculator feature. Thank you!
Online Piano Atlas membership offering monthly and yearly subscriptions. You can easily cancel any time, online, 24 hours a day. There are no cancellation fees.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of your selected plan above.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings on the device.
Please read Terms and Conditions at https://terms.onlinepianoatlas.com
In-app purchase fix for corrupted receipt situations.
Ratings and Reviews
Free but Not Really
Unfortunately the app appears to be free, but once you’ve downloaded it you have to pay to use it. I don’t mind paying, but it seemed like a bait and switch to me. There’s also no option for one-time use.
Communication re costs should be more apparent
I installed this after reading in online forums that it was a decent, free app that worked intermittently. While I can’t comment on the apps' strengths from a professional perspective. As a casual user who just wanted to look up my own piano, it was disappointing to find out that there’s a monthly subscription charge after I'd already installed the app. Likely an unintentional oversight on behalf of the developer, since it is in the description (albeit, buried way down there and very vague)
(1) The cost to do a search should be readily apparent to prospective users *before* they purchase the app
(2) for the casual user who just wants to look up their own piano-why not allow a brief trial period?
(3) And who pays for an app that you haven’t even been provided a chance to test out? ...particularly for an app that is known to be “buggy” based on online forum responses and even more so for one that requires you to sign up for a monthly subscription
Really helpful app
I use this app regularly to find out more information about pianos. I am a professional piano technician, and the OPA is very helpful in the field when making decisions about repairs. Thanks to the developer. The only issue I’ve had is when the serial number contains letters, the results often come back as “no such serial number exists...” so if that glitch were worked out it would be even better.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- LISZT FERENC Zongoraszalon Hangszerertekesito Korlatolt Felelossegu Tarsasag (Ltd.)
- 8.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Hungarian
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Franc Liszt Piano Center Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $0.99
- Yearly $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.