Onshape is a full mechanical CAD platform designed for professional users and extended teams. Create, edit, collaborate, and comment in real time with others from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection (free sign-up required).
With Onshape’s secure cloud workspace teams can work together from anywhere on any device without the hassles of file management, IT overhead, and license key distribution, helping engineers focus more on doing their best work.
• Design parts together in Part Studios with a full suite of parametric modeling tools
• Create mechanical Assemblies to capture complex motion
Ease of Access:
• Create, edit, and view from any computer or mobile device (internet connection required)
• Begin a project from one device and seamlessly continue from another
• Instantly share your CAD data with your teams and partners. Monitor, change, and revoke permissions at any time
• Work together with other users and view changes in real-time as they are made
• Use Follow mode to see exactly what your teammate sees and add suggestions using Onshape’s built-in commenting tools
• Maintain a single source of truth for your data, no more sending around or checking in and out of files
• Never worry about losing your work, all of your changes are saved automatically
• Explore multiple design ideas in parallel and create professional release and approval processes for your designs
Onshape for iOS also features Apple Pencil support for more intuitive sketching, navigation, and precise selection.
Onshape proudly supports students and educators free of charge and is available free for non-commercial projects in an open-source public work space.
Since Onshape is updated every few weeks with dozens of new features and user-requested enhancements, keep an eye out for update notifications from the Apple App Store.
• New fit spline option for edges
• Isolate instances in assemblies
• Support for public documents in Enterprise
• Feedback menu updated to Report a bug (Free/Edu)
• Various bug fixes
Remember, Onshape is updated every few weeks so look for update notifications in the App Store
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
As if Solidworks had a mobile version.
As a student in high-school planning to become a CAD drafting engineer, I try to practice as much as possible, along with having a little fun and being creative. Anyway, after learning the basics of CAD programs like solidworks and fusion360, I wanted to try something on mobile. This app works a lot similar to solidworks, to the point where I could almost instantaneously start working. I just had to find where everything I needed was.
If there was a version of this that was free for non-commercial use that kept my ideas off the web, I would absolutely give it a 5 star. I’m glad I found this app. Keep up the good work!
Clearing up some misconceptions…
My rating is provisional. I haven’t even begun to learn the program yet. However, browsing some of the reviews posted here tells me it’s time to clear up some misconceptions:
1. This isn’t supported in mobile browsers because there’s an app for it. Install the app!
2. You don’t need a company email address. I signed on with my Gmail address to explore Onshape. Input “None” in fields like “Title”. You’ll get a free account.
3. Use the free account as intended—to learn the program and see if it meets your needs! Pick up simple objects and measure and model them. So what if that work goes into the public domain? If you’re out to make money, man up and buy a professional tool, or use something less capable (or not under constant development). The world isn’t all about free lunches.
Ultimate choice for flexibility
When I first saw this, I was braced for disappointment. Alas, it’s actually an excellent CAD program! It lacks some key features that I can only hope will be added soon (cross sections please!) but one can hardly complain for an entirely browser powered cad suite that you can open on your phone, tablet, and computer with ease! I look forward to learning more about this software, as I think it will be my new CAD of choice for personal projects (I already hugely prefer it to the software I have to use at work, but I’m not naming names). OnShape is in an engineering dream turned reality.
- Onshape Inc.
- 39.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Onshape Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.