Airmar is pleased to launch the OnSiteWX app which will make much of the functionality of our WeatherCaster PC software available on iPhone, iPad and iPod smart phones and tablets running iOS 6.1 and newer. By displaying data sent from an NMEA 2000 or NMEA 0183 network over a WiFi adapter connected to the network, OnSiteWX gives you easy access to data at sea or on land on your hand-held mobile device 24 hours a day. OnSiteWX is easy-to-use, customizable to your preferred settings, and allows for connectivity to many popular WiFi adapters.
- displays data from Airmar weatherstations and smart transducers
- custom pages include just the gauges you need
- all pages can be switched on or off, and the order in which they are displayed can be changed
- gauges can be viewed in white, black or night themes
- gauges can be shown as analog or digital versions
- displays can be in US or metric units
- tachometers can have a maximum of 4000 or 6000 rpm
- speedometers can have a range of 0-10, 0-20 or 0-60 knots
- works with many popular WiFi adapters
- contains a demonstration mode that plays back the log of a fishing trip
For NMEA 2000 networks with single or dual engine interfaces, additional engine, fuel and tank gauges are available.
This app is for the iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone5 and iPod Touch Gen5, iPhone6 and iPhone6+.
New features in version 3.0
- all gauges included in free version
- added relative humidity, dew point and heat index gauges
- support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+
- support for additional adapters
- remote monitoring through HelmSmart
- adapter information can be edited by user
- new adapters can be added by user
Ratings and Reviews
Demo works, but crashes when I try to connect to a real NMEA wifi device.
No NMEA 2000
Only 0183 under Vesper
No place to define server IP for use on routed network.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.