Onyx is a talking timer app that lets you mix time-based and rep-based exercises in the same workout. Turn on listening mode to control the timer with your voice - after you're done with those pushups, simply say "next!" to go to the next exercise.
• Announces exercises in Siri's voice.
• Customizable voice control commands for hands-free operation.
• Runs in background, or with screen locked.
• Listen to music while using the timer.
• Optional beep and vibrate between exercises.
• Workouts are saved to iCloud, or locally if iCloud is disabled.
• Swipe screen to go forward or back.
• Displays exercises as a running marquee.
• Highly customizable.
• Mix time-based and rep-based exercises in the same workout.
• Add images and notes to exercises and color-code them.
• In-depth help / operating manual.
• Import and export workouts via email.
• Dark and light skin.
Fixed crashing on some devices when starting a workout.
Added output to speaker, voice speed control to Settings.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
What I was looking for!
This is exactly what I was looking for in a workout app for a while! It allows me to create an exercise routine with both timed and rep exercises in the same sequence! It's visually appealing and simple to use and set up. I like that I can have my own images to personalize each workout and to remind me of an exercise that's new to me. And it's great that it has the voice control option!
I've used this app for about a year. reported a bug in the beginning and developer promptly fixed it. I use it for my stretching routine at home after my circuit at the gym. I set it up so I have time to move through each stretch and I just let it talk me through. I wouldn't want to do without it now. It's not absolutely perfect but still 5 stars.
Will not store information on iCloud
This used to be one of my favorite apps when I had my iPhone 5S. When I got my iPhone six all of my workouts were not accessible because the iCloud tab became unaccessible even though iCloud is enabled on my phone and all my other apps are able to communicate with icloud just fine. Now this app only allows for me to store workouts locally. I tried to contact the developer multiple times however I have been completely ignored. Very disappointing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.