Out of the Park Baseball 18 - the follow-up to Metacritic's PC Game of the Year 2016 and officially licensed through MLB.com and the MLBPA - is a baseball fan's dream come true!
"OOTP is an astonishing accomplishment!" - Boston Red Sox Principal Owner John W. Henry
Step into the shoes of a GM and/or field manager to own the future or rewrite the past of your favorite real-world baseball franchise. Build the team the way you want to. Start a new career with your favorite 2017 MLB team or span through almost 150 years of baseball history and run any team from the past! You can even set up your own fictional baseball universe or compete in online leagues against other OOTP players. The possibilities in OOTP 18 are endless.
The brand new 2017 MLB roster set will include all projected Opening Day MLB rosters as well as the complete minor league system down to the rookie leagues and even future draft classes. Can the Chicago Cubs repeat as World Series winners?
On top of this, 8 international leagues (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Italy, The Netherlands, Mexico and Cuba) and several international and US independent leagues return to OOTP 18 with accurate and projected 2017 rosters.
Dive into the more hands-on management and set your team's lineups, pitching staffs, and in-game strategy. You can oversee your league at a high level, or play out each game, managing play by play or even pitch by pitch. OOTP players progress realistically over time. Build a team through the draft, or sign big free agents to put you over the top!
New Features in OOTP 18 include:
- Experience a new game mode in OOTP 18: Challenge! This mode is available for newly created leagues (standard / historical / fictional) and adds a unique twist, along with new rewards, while playing OOTP. Your achievements are tracked in an (optional) online profile. Are you the best OOTP manager on the planet?
- Improved 3D Mode & Game Highlight Reels. With even more ballpark detail than before and enhanced player animations, the 3D game mode in OOTP has taken another leap forward.
- New Tournamanets & Fall Leagues. Set up your own national or international tournaments, choose from different tournament modes, and manage your favorite nation to international glory.
- Historical Negro Leagues. With the help of Seamheads.com, our historical database experts have been able to add most Negro leagues seasons to the historical minor league feature of Out of the Park Baseball 18.
- Redesigned Injury System. Injuries in OOTP 18 has been reworked to be more realistic and interesting.
- Team Promotion & Relegation Support. Create a challenging new league setup where teams fight for promotion and try to defend against relegation to a lower league level.
- The ability to retain player salaries in trades.
- Improved AI throughout the game, for a more challenging experience than ever.
- Beautiful new interface design with three different skins.
- Improved player morale / team chemistry system
- Improved player creation & development system
- Improved game recaps, enhanced play-by-play text and league news
- And much more...
Out of the Park Baseball 18 is here. Greatness has no boundaries!
Visit us on www.ootpdevelopments.com
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION - MLBPA trademarks and copyrighted works, including the MLBPA logo, and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without MLBPA’s written consent. Visit www.MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web.
- Improved sim module with more options for simming playoff series
- Fixed issue with importing rosters and having "do not allow AI moves" flag set
- Fixed last year ticket price display issue
- Fixed not respecting number of draft rounds
- Fixed crash if game minimized while bullpen dialog open
- Fixed issue with setting no cap on amateur FA
- Fixed issue with placing minor league players on the major league 60-day DL
- Players may now be sent to rehab assignment before the minor league seasons have begun
- Added team and MLB totals to player batting and pitching stats pages
- Fixed expansion draft scheduling for historical games to not conflict with rookie draft
- Fixed issue with resetting beard frequency
- Fielding ratings will no longer be reset to a 200 internal value in the player development code if manually edited to values exceeding 200
- Other bug and cosmetic fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Actually 3.5 review
I’ve shown an interest in OOTP since the 2014 mobile version and decided to give the desktop a try. I have to say that I don’t know “Jack” about Baseball stats, nor do I really watch Baseball ( I’m a Football fan), but I will say that playing this awesome sim has changed my views of the sport and I’m learning something new everday when playing. This is definitely more indepth compared to the mobile verson and more than likely will be purchasing the desktop versions until the mobile version can catch up to being like its big brother game.
My only complaint is that if I sim a week or a month of games, the game logs of those games are nowhere to be found. That’s a big deal for me because I need to know how my team (and others) are performing during those games. Otherwise I’m satisfied with this game and will be playing it a little more before buying OOTP 19. Looking forward OOTP releasing information on the Football sim to be announced later this year.
Possibly the best baseball simulation game ever.
Possibly the best baseball simulation game ever. That being said I recommend you set the game to auto save monthly as I have had occasional crashes especially when the game updates some files which happens periodically throughout the game. File updates also seem much slower than in OOTP Baseball 17. The games still requires some fine tuning by the developer.
Horrible Customer Service
I have had 2 issues. Transferring from 2017 to 2018 files. Didn’t take any of the minor league teams. Given a bogus response. Then have another issue where a tab is missing in the game, and once again, a bogus response that didn’t even fix the issue. Worst part, the bogus response was sent 3 weeks after I sent in the ticket. Highly disappointed for such a great potential game.
- Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co KG
- 1.2 GB
OS X 10.6.6 or later
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Out of the Park Baseball GmbH & Co KG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.