Track your position without ads and without limitation.
Create GPS traces with waypoints. Offline map support, no time restrictions, no ads, no in-app-purchases.
Open GPX Tracker is ideal for:
* Traveling and vacation (offline map app)
* Collecting and sharing track and waypoints data
* Creating routes and waypoints for editing Open Street Map
* Publishing Open Street Map Traces
* Creating real GPX files for testing your iOS apps in Xcode
* Apple Watch App support
* Offline maps of browsed areas
* Load saved sessions and continue tracking
* Auto recovery last session after crash or closing the app
* Display tracking information in a map
* Display speed, distance, coordinates and time
* Use multiple map sources (Apple Maps, Open Street Maps, CartoDB)
* Pause / Resume tracking
* Add waypoint to user location
* Add waypoint to any place in the map with a long press
* Edit waypoint name
* Drag & Drop waypoint pin
* Remove waypoints
* Share and send GPX files
* Custom file naming
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Hey there! It's been a while since last release...
Thanks to the many collaborators of Open GPX Tracker we have new stuff:
- Fixed issues and updated to support new iOS versions and Apple devices.
- Custom default names for your files
- Now you can zoom more on the maps
- Satellite map added.
- Confirmation prompt before reseting the map.
- Added new translations (Dutch, French, Russian, UK UA, Finish, Italian)
Open GPX Tracker is an Open Source and free to use app. If you like it, please make a review and share how it was useful for you.
Do you want to see Open GPX Tracker in your language? You can translate it
Ratings and Reviews
Great open source project
This is a nicely made app having all the essential features, without annoying ads. I understand it takes time and effort maintaining open source project, but I suggest just a few improvements that I am looking forward to in the future update: 1, able to change date/time format for default file name. The default date format is dd-mmm-yyyy on on my iphone, so all the files are sorted day, it is hard to search through files. 2, better add a conformation window when deleting files, right now it is just too easy to delete file by mistake.
Perfect for geotagging my photos
I have become OCD about geotagging my photos in the past decade. I started with a GPS tracker (clunky). I moved on to using my iPhone when I wasn’t somewhere outside civilization (which is all the time now). I’ve paid for apps but they sometimes were abandoned or began pestering me with ads. I fell for the “Free to download!” qualifier not realizing they were limited. I recently tried this app out. It worked. I don’t need a lot of extra features. I just need an app that can track accurately. It should just start up and begin tracking with a tap. Naming a trip is nice but not necessary. It should export a GPX file. On those expectations this app is perfect. No bloating. The worst I can say is it drains the battery (but all tracking apps do that). This is my go-to app now.
Very nice App, but
Easy to use and appears to be very accurate. I use it to mark locations of trees to preserve on construction sites.
One issue however. When I write out a GPX file it seems to forget the decimal point in some of the longitudes. I am able to add them back in with a text editor which is very time consuming. Sure would be nice if it didn’t have to do that.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Juan Manuel Merlos
- 35.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © (c) Juan M. Merlos & Collaborators 2015-2022