- Are you using multiple browsers or Mail applications on your Mac?
- Do you want to open links in a specific browser every time you click them?
- Do you want to open links in a specific profile of your browser (Safari, Chromimum browsers)?
- Do you want to open links in private mode right by clicking the link?
- Do you want to open zoom invites directly in the zoom application?
- Do you use more than one application for a specific file type?
- Do you use your Mac for work and personal projects?
Remember the last time you double-clicked an app and regretted it right away? Because fully loaded IDE was a default application for a Markdown file, you wanted to edit? No more. We give you a list of applications that support a specific file type, so you can choose which application you want to open.
We can help you with that and more. OpenIn.app is an advanced utility that allows you open links, emails, and files in the application of your choice. Just click it, and select the application from the list. This is the easiest way to organize your workflow.
## Use cases
- You can configure OpenIn to open a browser (or application) based on the Focus defined in your system
- You can configure OpenIn to open mailto:// links directly with the browser and web mail provider (Gmail, Outlook, Fastmail, etc)
- You can always define by default to open files and links with a specific application, and configure additional rules for domains, paths, key modifiers, apps where the links were clicked, etc
- You can configure by default to always show the app selection dialog
- You can configure opening links directly within the applications that support them. For example, iTunes to Apple TV, music to Apple Music, zoom links to zoom applications, and more.
- You can configure opening links in Safari Web Applications.
- You can configure opening links in a specific Safari Profile.
OpenIn stores the history of opened files locally on your system. If you need to find a link that you opened a few days ago, you can review the history and quickly find it there.
OpenIn prevents you from phishing attacks. If you decide to always see the app selection dialog, you can review the link before sending it to the browser. Additionally you can choose to open links in Safari Private mode or Chromium browser's Incognito mode.
With the ability to override the URLs, you can configure Scripts to remove tracking query parameters from URLs.
## Architecture support
Intel and Apple silicon are supported!
OpenIn 4 is available for macOS Ventura and Sonoma.
## Upgrading from OpenIn v3
Install OpenIn v4. It will automatically migrate the database from version 3. After that, you can safely delete version 3 from your system.
Check out the help page for more information https://loshadki.app/openin4/, have a question or suggestion, or want to report a bug, please email us at email@example.com
Minor bug fixes and compatibility fixes with macOS Sonoma.
Ratings and Reviews
Life Changing for Productivity Gurus
OpenIn has quickly become one of the most critical apps in my productivity workflow. As a multi browser user, I can quickly determine where to direct clicked links and build automated workflows for directing URLs to certain apps. The developer of the app is super awesome and responsive when contacted. Following the patch that was released today, OpenIN now functions great on Sonoma 14.0 production and 14.1 B3. Thank you OpenIN team!!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the review!
This app is a game changer for me. I use a seperate email client and browser for work, and it lets me open links in the apps to the dedicated apps I use for work or personal. You can customize the links to do whatever you want.
Buggy since macOS Sonoma
Despite upgrading to the latest version after installing Sonoma, the app doesn't work properly. I reached out for support. I explained exactly what was happening. Unfortunately, it's written by just one guy who wrote the app for himself and decided he'd tried to make some money off it. He responded to my support email to tell me that he built it for himself and what's most important is that it still works fine for him. At least he was honest, I suppose.
Developer Response ,
Just to clarify. This application works perfectly for thousands of users. I am sorry, I am not a wizard. I have asked you to provide detailed information what does not work, including screencast. You have sent me just one screenshot of one configuration for your Safari Private Profile. I cannot help you if I don’t know what does not work.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Loshadki, LLC
- 4.1 MB
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Loshadki LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.