MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR REMOTE ACCESS OVER MANAGEMENT NETWORK
• Remote access to iDRAC requires iDRAC7 (i.e. PowerEdge 12th Gen) or above
• Remote access to OpenManage Enterprise requires version 3.0 or above
• Remote access to OpenManage Essentials requires version 2.3 or above
*** OpenManage Mobile now supports Augmented Reality to easily and quickly monitor & troubleshoot MX7000 modular chassis. Aim the camera at MX7000, connect, and view health overlays. Tap on a component to view more details. ***
OVERVIEW OF OPENMANAGE MOBILE (OMM)
Wireless and Mobility have become pervasive inside data centers. It’s time we leverage these trends to simplify data center operations. Dell EMC OpenManage Mobile (OMM) is a software app that enables an IT Administrator to securely provision, monitor, and troubleshoot a Dell EMC PowerEdge server or an MX7000 chassis directly from a mobile device.
OMM can access and manage PowerEdge servers or MX7000 modular chassis either remotely (i.e. over management network) or from inside the data center (i.e. when an IT Administrator is physically present in front of server or a chassis). Following are the ways you can access servers or MX7000 chassis:
• Remote into a server (iDRAC7, iDRAC8, or iDRAC9)
• Remote into an MX7000 chassis and sleds
• Remote into a console (OpenManage Enterprise or OpenManage Essentials)
• At-the-server access to a PowerEdge 14th Gen
• At-the-chassis access to an MX7000 chassis and sleds
When connected through a console (OpenManage Enterprise or OpenManage Essentials), OMM can access Dell EMC servers, chassis, storage, networking, and any other supported third-party appliances being managed through this console.
For specific feature support on OpenManage Mobile, please visit Dell Tech Center at www.DellTechCenter.com/OMM
SUPPORT FOR AT-THE-SERVER MANAGEMENT
• Quick Sync 2 module for at-the-server access is available on PowerEdge 14th Gen rack and tower servers (R940, R940xa, R840, R740, R740xd, R640, R540, R440, R7425, R7415, R6415, and T640). For the latest list of supported hardware models, please contact a Dell Sales representative.
Quick Sync 2 module utilizes Bluetooth Low Energy and Wi-Fi to establish a secure connection between server and mobile device running OMM.
SUPPORT FOR AT-THE-CHASSIS MANAGEMENT
• Quick Sync 2 module for at-the-chassis access is available on MX7000 modular chassis
Supported features depend on the type of access (console or iDRAC) and the specific generation of server being accessed. For specific details or more information on OpenManage Mobile, please visit Dell Tech Center at www.DellTechCenter.com/OMM
KEY USE CASES – SUPPORT VARIES BY TYPE OF ACCESS AND SERVER GENERATION
• Get pro-active alert notifications automatically on your mobile device from OpenManage Enterprise or OpenManage Essentials consoles.
• Browse server or chassis details, health status, hardware & firmware inventory, networking details, and System Event or LC logs. (For MX7000 chassis, use Augmented Reality feature to monitor and troubleshoot easily and quickly.)
• Power cycle server from anywhere.
• For “bare metal configuration,” assign IP address, change credentials, and update common BIOS attributes.
• View SupportAssist Collection reports
• Access Virtual Console securely (and reduce the need for crash carts) with a Third-Party app – VNC Viewer by RealVNC or Remotix by Nulana LTD
• Run command-line routines (RACADM)
For any questions, please send an email to OM_Mobile_Feedback@Dell.com
Now use Augmented Reality to easily and quickly monitor & troubleshoot MX7000 modular chassis. Aim the camera at MX7000, connect, and view health overlays. Tap on a component to view details.
Additionally, with OpenManage Mobile:
- Monitor, troubleshoot and provision PowerEdge servers and MX7000 – either Remotely (over management network) or in datacenter (with wireless Quick Sync 2 module)
- Receive alert notifications from OpenManage Enterprise / Essentials consoles
Ratings and Reviews
Unexplained “background activity” - FIXED!!
Not sure whether consequent Apple updates .01, .02, and now .03 fixed it but the issues described below is now gone. I’ve monitored the battery usage do several days and no more background activity is reported.
Also, the developers response and follow ups are absolutely impressive and deserves 5 STARS! Thank you!
Original Review below:
The app is closed, hasn’t been opened for weeks and even though the battery usage reports daily “background activity” during last 24 hours time period! The background app refresh is off
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your concern. We apologize for any inconvenience.
OpenManage Mobile abides by Apple’s application policies and does not override any of the background activity frameworks. If a user has enabled background refresh, we only request background activity for remote notifications (used for receiving push notifications from an OpenManage Essentials console) and for Bluetooth Low Energy communication with Quick Sync 2 module.
We will continue to monitor the behavior you described in your feedback. Meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to us through our Support Email: email@example.com and will be glad to review this with you.
OpenManage Mobile Team
Finally on iOS
This is great from Dell. A lifesaver. I downloaded it and am about to set up so I can use it with my server. Thanks!
Doesn't work with the m1000e CMC
Unfortunately doesn't work with the m1000e CMC directly although it can connect to PowerEdge M630 blades iDRAC directly... Support for the enclosure status would be awesome!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.