With OpenWHO, you have the flexibility to learn at your convenience. Watch the short video lectures and test your knowledge with self-tests when and where you like. The course forum and the collaboration spaces allow you to get in touch with other participants and experts around the world.
You can also choose to receive regular announcements to stay up-to-date on the latest OpenWHO news.
Designed primarily for health care workers, frontline responders, and decision-makers, the app is also a source of information for those affected by infectious hazards, or for those with general interest in WHO's work in health emergencies.
It features 4 channels:
The Outbreak Channel addresses the management of infectious diseases and provides life-saving, scientific information.
The Ready for Response channel prepares personnel to be deployed to work in disease outbreaks and health emergencies.
The Get Social channel focuses on social sciences based interventions and helps to communicate with affected communities.
The GOARN channel is dedicated to preparing the Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network for international alert and response operations.
Most of the courses are in English, but other language versions are in the pipeline. Check out this app, come back regularly and get engaged in the OpenWHO community.
• Fix setting playback speed correctly when opening videos
Also in version 2.5:
• Improved course navigation: Swipe horizontally to jump between course items. This also works for course areas.
• See all your earned certifcates in the account tab
• Easily manage the downloaded content in the account tab
- 33.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 WHO
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.