Operational Risk Management Application
An Official US Navy mobile application, produced by the Navy PMW 240 Program.
The Operational Risk Management app, or ORM app, offers users three risk management courses developed by the Naval Education and Training Command and the Naval Safety Center. These courses teach users ways to avoid and mitigate various types of risk when performing Navy tasks, missions, and operations, as well as risk in their personal activities.
The inability to consistently manage risk is the most common cause of task degradation and mission failure. ORM training is designed to reduce or offset risks by systematically identifying hazards and developing ways to effectively assess and control associated risks. The Navy vision is to develop an environment in which all military and civilian personnel are trained and motivated to manage risk in everything they do, whether on- or off-duty, in peacetime or during conflict.
The ORM app includes the following training courses:
• Individual Managing Your Risk (CIN - CPPD CPPD-ORM-MYR-1.0). This training has a mandatory triennial completion requirement for all DoN Personnel.
• Supervisor Managing Your Team's Risk (CIN - CPPD-ORM-MYTR-1.0). This training is required upon initial assignment of supervisory responsibilities and every 24 months while assigned at Command.
• GMT Time Critical Risk Management (CIN- CPPD CPPD-GMT-ORMTC-1.0). This training instructs the user in applying ORM at the point of beginning or executing a mission or task at the time critical level. This is an alternate means for Commands to complete required annual training.
• Future versions of the ORM app will include Manager Directing Your Command's Risk Management (CIN- CPPD CPPD-ORM-DYCRM-1.0) and Assisting Leading Risk Management Integration (CIN- CPPD-ORM-LRMI-1.0).
In addition to these training courses, the ORM app includes Videos, Guidance and Policy, Awareness Presentations, ORM forms and Risk-related Materials, DoD HFACS (Human Factors Analysis and Classification System) information, Lessons Learned, and related tools and materials.
Navy personnel are responsible for managing risk in all tasks, and Navy leaders at all levels are responsible for ensuring proper procedures and appropriate resources are available for their personnel to perform assigned tasks. The ORM app enables Navy personnel at all levels to learn about risk management while also completing required training. Download the ORM app today!
Course Completion Verification
• DON personnel may use the app to complete their annual mandatory training. End-of-course completions can be emailed to Navy Training Management and Planning System (NTMPS) for display in the Electronic Training Jacket (ETJ).
• Users should retain course Completion Certificate emails in their mobile phone Sent Items folder until successful posting in their ETJ or Fleet Training Management Planning System (FLTMPS) is verified.
• If completion does not appear in ETJ or FLTMPS after 72 hours, users may wish to forward a copy of the email to their supervisor or FLTMPS Coordinator/Training POC as verification of completion. If needed, the FLTMPS Coordinator can record course completion manually using the FLTMPS Learning Event Completion Form.
• Questions? Contact NTMPS Support Office at email@example.com or 1-866-438-2898.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
-Small database update
Ratings and Reviews
I have my info after completion and it didn’t even send it properly. Waste of time
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Program Executive Office for Enterprise Information Systems, Sea Warrior Program
- 199.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 U.S. Navy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.