Ophthalmology, the leading peer-reviewed journal in the field and the official journal of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, brings you the convenience of reading your favorite journal from anywhere in the world with just a tap. Available for both iPad and iPhone!
• Stay ahead with alerts when new issues are available and read Articles in Press throughout the month
• Experience innovative digital content with the newly introduced Article enhancements; featuring AudioSlides, Virtual Microscope, 3D Radiological Viewer, 3D Neuroimaging Viewer, and more.
• Get access to the journal content on the app via your institution’s IP
• Enjoy Open Access and Open Archive Content without having to login
• Accessibility support to assist the visually impaired
• Interact with figures, tables, and supplementary content
• Stream multimedia for faster viewing or download for later
• Take notes, highlight articles and share via email and social media
• Personalize your experience with My Reading List and save articles for offline reading
Minimum requirements: iOS 10
Journal subscribers: Log in with the same username and password that grants you access to the full journal content on the Ophthalmology website. These credentials will allow full access to all content on the app.
Ophthalmology, the journal of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, serves society by publishing clinical and basic science research and other relevant manuscripts that relate to the sense of sight. Excellence is pursued through unbiased peer-review, the advancement of innovation and discovery, and the promotion of lifelong learning.
A single issue of the journal for $34.99
1-year subscription to the journal for $349.99
Payment for all purchases will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
iTunes Subscriber’s Auto-Renew Feature
Yearly iTunes subscriptions will automatically renew each year unless you cancel. You can cancel at any time and up to 24 hours before your current subscription expires. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged the same price for the renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
Along with our regular bug fixes, this version enables segmented push notifications! When launched, you will be able to select which journals and what type of content you would like to receive via push.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can’t log in with my aao membership.
Waste of time
Hopelessly unable to login. Says my email has an account associated with it and I should login, so I can't create an account, but when I try to reset the password (since I never created an account, so don't have a password) it says my email has no account associated with it! I have a print subscription, so should be straightforward to read in eformat, but no. Back to Skyscape, I guess.
Was good until the update!
Don't update if you have previously downloaded this app. It's now constantly asking for a log-in, and won't even let me read abstracts! I've always accessed the journal using my AAO login which does not work with the app. In 1 click, the app I accessed monthly is completely useless and ready to be deleted from my iPad...
- Elsevier Inc.
- 105.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright © 2019 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Vol 118 Issue 1, OPHTHA $34.99
- Vol 118 Issue 2, OPHTHA $34.99
- Vol 118 Issue 3, OPHTHA $34.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.