The OPPO MediaControl app turns your iOS device into a remote that provides
complete control over your OPPO Blu-ray player. The app is able to browse media
libraries, control playback of media files, and even turn the player on and off.
1. Conveniently view media files on a connected USB device, data disc, or DLNA server.
2. Quickly browse through media files by using the alphabetical scrollbar and search
3. Easily control the playback of media files and toggle features such as Shuffle and
4. View media file information on the Now Playing screen.
5. Control multiple players with a single iOS device.
6. Power the player off and on using the application itself (requires that Quick Start
mode is enabled, see notes below for details).
7. Can be used in place of or in conjunction with the physical remote control.
1. This application will only work with players that have a supported firmware version
installed. The latest firmware can be downloaded from the OPPO Digital website.
2. The following conditions must be met in order for the application to wake the
player from standby mode: the player’s wireless adapter must be connected to the
player’s rear USB 1 port OR the player must be connected to your network via wired
Ethernet, and the player must have “Quick Start” mode selected under Setup Menu /
Device Setup / Standby Mode.
3. If you run into any issues or observe any errors when using the application, please
contact OPPO Customer Service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
BDP-103, BDP-105, BDP-103D, BDP-105D
Required Firmware Version:
79-0711B or above.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
1. Optimized for iOS 9
2. “Other Albums” info is now available in Tidal
3. Additional bugs fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Love my Oppo but the app is a different story
Love my Oppo........
Doing a trial of Tidal in my reference room using my Oppo. Player is 103D, pre amp McIntosh MX121. Comparing the difference between Tidal lossless and Apple Music via Apple TV 4th gen. Just to see if here is a compelling difference. No problems with he app until I started using Tidal. Using Tidal the app is very unpredictable. I can play tracks, skip, and go back however after a while I am not able to pause a track...really??? Come on now. I have problems with lock ups of the device, drop outs, etc. and no it's not my network. Hopefully Oppo will allow control of Tidal in the player in future players, but for us using the 10X series please fix the app. I am going to test this in a different room via a Sonos streamer and hopefully things will work better or I will have to wait on Tidal. Come on Oppo I still have faith and love your products but please fix the bugs in the app.
They can't get this app right
I'm not sure where all the complaints about not being able sync up with the player come from, because I have never had that issue, and I have used this app and the older version, Oppo Media Control HD. Currently I run this version on an iPad Air 2 in tandem with the 105 D before I had the 105 and I'd run the app both on the Air 2 and on an Air, no syncing issues. That said, the app does have issues with crashing, and, if you make the mistake of browsing backwards too far, which I often do, while playing a track, rather than hitting "browse" to go back the track list then "artist" if you want to see the list of the rest of their albums/ folders, then you inexplicably will have to completely close the app and launch it again, otherwise it will not be able to see any tracks in any directories. That is just ridiculous. The app also sometimes crashes for no reason and, a minor complaint, but the FB sharing feature hardly ever works as they are incredibly slow to keep pace with FB's ever changing authentication process. I wish Oppo would open their API and let a third party develop an app for their products, because I am sure they would work times better than this.
Love the Oppo but buggy especially since Tidal rev released
I love my BDP 105d. It does so many things very well, and for the money it is untouchable. The app however has been buggy with connection issues since its inception. I have had different ip's and setups, but still connection issues are a sporadic problem. I followed the instructions from Oppo to correct the issue with less than marginal success. The Tidal rev has made things worse with my iPhone 6+, freezing after using Tidal and leaving the phone entirely unusable until a reboot. Unfortunately, I find myself using my Oppo remote and not using Tidal at all.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- OPPO Digital, Inc.
- 44 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2014 - 2017 OPPO Digital, Inc. All Rights Reserved