The OPPO MediaControl app turns your mobile device into a remote that provides complete control over your OPPO 4K UHD Blu-ray player. The app is able to browse media libraries, control playback of media files, and even turn the player on and off.
1. Play media files from different sources such as your mobile device, connected USB drives, DLNA servers, and SMB shares.
2. Quickly browse through your media files alphabetically or by searching for specific files.
3. Save your favorite songs, movies, and photos to your Favorites list, and create personalized playlists to quickly access the songs you love most.
4. Control the playback of your media files and easily toggle playback modes such as shuffle and repeat.
5. View media file information from the Now Playing screen.
6. Control multiple players with a single mobile device, or control single player with multiple mobile devices.
7. Power the player off and on using the MediaControl app (requires that Network Standby moved is enabled – see notes below for details).
8. Utilize a virtual remote control with four customizable buttons can be used in place of or in conjunction with the physical remote control.
1. The MediaControl app will only work with players that have been updated to a supported firmware version.
2. The following conditions must be met in order for the MediaControl app to wake the player from standby mode: the player must be connected to the same network as the mobile device you are using to control it, and the player must have the “Network Standby” mode selected under Setup Menu / Device Setup / Standby Mode.
3. If you run into any issues or observe any errors when using the MediaControl app, please contact OPPO Customer Service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Required Firmware Version:
41-0317B or later.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but buggy
When this app works, it is a great tool to have. Browsing files on an external hard drive is especially pleasant. The big problem is the app freezes a lot, crashes, and has a very hard time reconnecting to the player. Force closing the app sometimes works; most time doesn't. Usually it takes seriously about 5 force closes of the app and even 2 or more power cycles on the player, then the app might pick it up. Please add support to start gapless player via the browse function since doing it with the remote feature is tedious.
Horrible! Crashes, freezes...
Deserves less than 1 star. I have a large music collection on my external HD and while the 20X app can navigate to and read the files, it constantly freezes or simply won’t play the FLAC files. Won’t work with my iPad Mini and even worse on my iPhone 6. The blue button for random playback doesn’t work for external HD music files either, only for CD playback. Was on the phone with Oppo tech support. They told me to try a different HD and start with a smaller selection of music files. I tried a direr this HD but same problem.
Oppo has put in a service ticket and said they will get back to me.
Very frustrating. Was so looking forward to the two 2 channel audio improvement over my BDP 105 for my music collection but unless Oppo addresses the bugs in this god awful app it’s useless!
This should not even be called an app. It’s just a waste of time and a little storage space in the App Store, that comes with a small amount of free sadness and disappointment.
Updated the firmware on my udp205, downloaded and installed the app. Opened it up, started the process of finding the player - which appeared to work. For about 3 seconds. Then the app closed. Tried to open it, closed again. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same thing. Also restarted the player. Just a waste of time, and unfortunately lowered my opinion of Oppo a little. It’s unfortunate they don’t sell disc players anymore, but this seems like a mechanism for the company, or at least their app development person, to extend their middle finger to their (former) customers.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- OPPO Digital, Inc.
- 36.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2017 OPPO Digital, Inc. All Rights Reserved