Optics Clinical Calculator is a vital tool for every general or refractive ophthalmologist, ophthalmology resident, optometrist, and optician. With Optics, you’ll have streamlined, intuitive access to calculators used daily in prescribing lenses and understanding optics.
** Featured as a Top Eye App in Review of Optometry, March, 2012! **
Results are provided instantaneously, with no additional steps required, and explanations of the formulas and their application are just a tap away, perfect for learning and review.
Don't waste your money on a program which just does 1/10 of what Optics Clinical Calculator provides you! Optics has no equal on the App Store.
• Base Curve
• Diopter to/from Radius (mm) Conversion
• Diopters from Focal Distance
• Intermediate and Near Vision Prescriptions from Standard Refraction
• Lens Power in Oblique Meridians
• Oblique Crossed Cylinders
• Ocular Curve
• Optical Center Decentration
• Slab-Off calculator (Induced Prism)
• Vertex Distance
• Beautiful, fast interface evolved especially for Optics from the acclaimed MediMath Medical Calculator, including unique wheel-based diopter entry
• Detailed explanations, including formulas and clinical notes, for each calculator (just tap the ‘i’) - perfect for review, cross-checking, and learning
• Optics always returns to where you left off
• Free upgrades for life, including requested additional calculators
Please let me know if there are other clinically relevant calculators you would like to see added in future free upgrades to Optics! I can’t respond to comments here in the App Store, so the best way to send a request is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns.
Added Dark Mode support
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but!!!!!
Great general ophthalmic optical app. However I wish you were able to plug in any index of refraction for calculations. World these days revolves around more than just standard 1.53 shop index.
I had been waiting for an application like this since I switched from my Treo which had these calculators. The interface is easy to use and provide great data for any eye care professional. Some of the calculators may be more academic than clinical, but they work well. I emailed the programmer and asked him to add an oblique cross cyl calculator for refracting over toric contact lenses and he was more happy to start working on adding it in one of the next updates. I am thrilled to have this resource and someone who is so willing to take suggestions to make it even better.
I use a this app regularly as an ophthalmologist for things like a slab off recommendation. It is easy to use and remembers your place so it is fast during the day.
I was regularly confused that I was starting an American Red Cross app so I really appreciate the icon change! ;-)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Evan Schoenberg, M.D.
- 4.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2012-2020 Regular Rate and Rhythm Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.