Optimum customers can watch live TV on their iPhone/iTouch from any room in their home. Each of these devices can also be used to playback On Demand rentals or as a TV remote control. iPhone and iPod also make it easy as ever to search, browse and record TV shows on DVR.
Live TV and On Demand
• Watch all of your channels Live
• Quickly access ‘What’s On Now’
• Use the in-app keypad to tune directly to the channel you want
• Browse Movies On Demand, Free On Demand, and Subscription On Demand categories
• Get a list of more titles like the one you have highlighted
• Rate a title or series which helps make our recommendations for you even more accurate
• Get recommendations of programs that are geared towards you
• Rate programs and movies to further feed recommendations
• Filter the On Demand menus to show free titles, only titles that are available to you as part of your premium subscriptions or ‘Last Chance’ titles that are only available for a limited time.
• Watch Free On Demand and Subscription On Demand programs
• Watch other On Demand content from your Active Rentals
• Add titles to your cart for viewing on any of your devices or digital cable boxes
• Full parental control capability to control viewing of content on the app
• Use your device as a remote control and control your digital cable boxes.
• Schedule recordings
• View your scheduled and recorded lists
• Delete recordings
• Supports Multi-Room DVR
• Search by keyword, title, cast, subject or category
• Ability to filter results on ‘What’s On Now’, TV, On Demand, DVR or Multi-Room DVR
• Browse TV listings for your area
• Highlight a program and see other times the program might be on
• Get a list of more titles like the one you have highlighted
• Go up to 2 hours in the past to schedule DVR recordings or find On Demand content for the highlighted network
• Mark your favorite channels
• Filter TV listings to show just your favorite channels, channels you’re subscribed to, or channels available for streaming on your device
Optimum WiFi Auto Registration
• Optional feature that allows customers to register their mobile devices for automatic sign-in to any of our Optimum Wi-Fi hotspots
*** Live TV, On Demand, DVR and Multi-Room DVR access is only available to Optimum TV customers.
*** Live TV channels, On Demand, DVR and Multi-Room DVR us are restricted by the user’s existing video subscription service.
*** Parental controls work the same as on a digital cable box and must be set specifically within the app in order to block programming.
*** Closed captioning is available – see “Settings” within the app.
*** Pay-Per-View, digital music, and interactive channels are not available in the app at this time.
• Management of DVR or Multi-Room DVR currently requires subscription to Optimum and an Optimum authorized modem
• Please visit http://www.optimum.net/Terms/OptimumApp to review the full terms of service
• iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 5.0 or above
• Optimum-provided modem
• Wireless home network with a secure router (Wireless B or above)
Fixed defects related to crashes in Remote, Watch on TV, and Options drop-downs for iOS 13 users.
Ratings and Reviews
Really poor app for such a big company
So I just got an iPhone 8, so hopefully it will work better on here (haven’t tried yet). My experience comes with the 6 and my friends iPad when we watch on the tv outside. The only television that I watch is sports. When we use the iPad, we’re on his homes WiFi and when I watch on my phone, I am always on my home WiFi. So there’s nothing that should be to blame other than the app. The broadcasts frequently get interrupted, and they either buffer for a while and come back, or likely it just stops all together and you need to re-tap the channel (which is very annoying if you’re not in arms reach). Some times you click a channel, it tries loading, and fails. And then fails again. And again. Until you close the app and lock your device and try again from there. Also the menu formatting is garbage. It looks like it’s from 2003 and it shows me the channels they want me to watch before showing the channels I actually DO watch. Please fire whoever developed this app. They deserve it. On a side note I’m only even giving this my time because I had to download the app again to my new phone 😂
Why can't we give ZERO stars?
I've written several reviews and rereading them now nothing I've written (over a year's worth) has been fixed! And now? I can't record off the app! For months I have been getting "your request could not be completed try again momentarily"...WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING AN APP IF WE CANT USE IT?!
Listen to your users and DO SOMETHING!!
The ONLY reason I use this app at all is because half of my remote's buttons stopped working. Can't get to the office to get a new one so I'm stuck. This app is so unreliable it's more than frustrating. What may make it even worse? When I've contacted their customer service about it, they always ask for my acct number before they ask what's wrong. Why. Why do you need my account number to fix an app that (looking at the reviews) everyone is having trouble with? My acct has nothing to do with your app not even opening! Or your app telling me that "this function isn't working now, try again later!" When I finally got someone to listen to me after 3 months of complaints, the answer I got?? "Well if you go onto your laptop and use the website, you can take care of your programming needs." Really?! Why bother having the app then?! If I'm not near my computer a lot then how is this help? Why bother having an app if you are just going to tell people to not use it and use the computer? Unfortunately for me it's a necessary evil because I need the remote feature. But even then, that only works when the app actually opens!
Schedule Recording Issues
App shuts down whenever I try to look ahead in guide to find a show to record. For example if I want to look at a future recording on a channel I used to be able to tap on the date and time at the top and pick the date and time that I wanted and then schedule it to record, but now it just forces the app to close. If I want to look to see what is recording at a specific time I have to scroll down to the channel I want in guide and scroll across hour by hour until I get to the day and time I want. It is very annoying and I don’t know why the issue hasn’t been fixed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.