Save money, reduce emissions, and track costs by automatically charging at the cheapest and cleanest times each day. Optiwatt is 100% free, works with any car charger or plug, and is a must-have improvement to your electric vehicle.
* Optiwatt builds your exact electricity rates from your utility plan, so you can effortlessly track how much you spend charging your EV
* Visualize costs, gas savings, and battery efficiency statistics for every charge
* Optiwatt automatically schedules your EV to charge during the cheapest energy rates
* Users see immediate savings on their electricity bills, averaging $388 per year
* Directly reduce CO2 emissions by charging with Optiwatt during renewable hours
* See your reduced environmental impact due to driving electric and charging flexibly
* Set your desired battery target and departure time and Optiwatt will ensure your car is ready with the cheapest and cleanest electricity possible
* Optiwatt will ensure your car is preconditioned and at a comfortable temperature for your departure each day, no matter what time you leave
* Remove range anxiety and hassle by setting higher one-time battery targets for upcoming trips
* Optiwatt will automatically reset your battery target to its typical level after the trip is over
Optiwatt supports battery electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles for Tesla, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, Jaguar, BMW, Ford, Audi, Hyundai, Nissan, Volvo, Cadillac, Chrysler, Land Rover, Jeep, Lincoln, and Mini. If you’d like us to support a new electric vehicle, please contact us at email@example.com.
Already using our app? Want to learn more? We’d love to hear from you, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/optiwatt
Talk with us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/optiwatt
Check out our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/optiwatt
Disclaimer: This software and documentation are not provided or endorsed by the makers of any electric vehicle.
We're happy to announce that you may now redeem your rewards from referrals and programs directly in the Optiwatt app
Ratings and Reviews
Impressive response from developers!
I really liked Optiwatt, but it hasn’t updated my charging history since 12/29. I’ve written to the company who confirm this is “a weird bug”. The issue was turned over to the development team. I followed up and told the priority was elevated, but still no solution and no mention of the issue on their website. Have other users experienced this, or is my case unique? EDIT - great response, good troubleshooting from company! I’m away from home now, but I’m convinced it’ll be fixed when I’m able to assist with the charging, scheduling,etc.
EDIT2. Subsequent updates have fixed the issue! The app tracks my charging much better than the Tesla app. I heartily recommend Optiwatt.
what is this, an app for ANTS?
in its current state, this app gives little more information than the tesla app, and the extra info it gives is deceptive. it compares the model 3 to a bmw 330i. i love my model 3 but its not a bmw. it also compares PREMIUM gasolne price to calculate “savings”. thumb on the scale. in my opinion, tesla stands on its own and doesnt need “help” like premium gasoline
i drive 4.2 miles per kwh. a kwh costs me $0.18. thats 4.3 CENTS per mile.
here are my suggestions to improve the app
1. drop the premium fuel comparison. no one buys that. also the “gallons of gas saved” is a lie. it should be a comparison of how many MORE gallons you would have used if you had a 30mpg vehicle.
2. show exactly how many kwh were used to charge. its annoying to always have to multiply 75 by some percentage.
3. drop the environmental impact. more fake info, and i dont care how many containers of propane ive saved. i doubt anyone does.
4. compare it to something like a top of the line camry instead of a bmw. it would be handy to know how many miles you have to drive to cover the cost difference. if you want to sell EVs, you need to show people that if they spend an extra 10k, you will break even at 80k miles or whatever and start getting ahead after that.
ill be checking on this app periodically to see if it improves. i am hopeful because it could be pretty handy
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the feedback. I want to let you know we just added a feature where you can now set a custom ICE vehicle as your gas savings comparison in the Optiwatt app. On your home page, click the question mark next to gas savings and select your vehicle of choice. We hope you enjoy this new customized feature as much as we do. Let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.
Starts Charging Regardless of Schedule
I thought I had found the perfect app to control the charging of my EV and preset days when I would need full charging. However, regardless of the time I set for economical charging, this app caused my charging to begin in the middle of the afternoon when electric rates are highest. I tried resetting everything! However, after the third time my charger turned on in the afternoon, I deleted the app.
Note: After deleting the app and rating it 1-Star, I received an e-mail from the CEO of the company. He convinced me they had fixed the bug, so I agreed to give it another go. Unfortunately, the app is still not working correctly. Believe it or not, AFTER I deleted the app, it reached up from the grave and charged my Tesla beyond the set percentage AND during peak hours.
Furthermore , after reporting these ongoing issues, I heard nothing from the company. Therefore, “fool me twice” applies. I have deleted the app for the second and final time.
Developer Response ,
I apologize that our app has not been working correctly for you. I am more than happy to help you with the app and have the development fix your account. Please reach out to our support team at email@example.com and I will make sure the app gets adjusted. Along with I want you to have a good experience with Optiwatt.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Compass Global, Inc.
- 47.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Optiwatt