Simple, beautiful tasks for teams or personal! Ora is a highly customizable workspace that you can use for anything from your daily tasks to your team's sprints!
Ora enables you to modify your projects and collaborate the way you want! Choose an existing methodology or create your own.
Ora has everything your team might need to boost productivity and collaborate! Task management, kanban, list, issues tracking, time tracking, chat, reports on projects and team productivity. It is powerful and yet simple and easy to use.
Power made simple.
Active-Sync (in development)
Does this sound familiar? You manage dozen of projects across different systems not because you want to but because you are forced by a team or a client? Active Sync (in development), allows Ora to sync with other third-party task management applications like Jira, Trello, GitHub, Asana, Basecamp and more. Ora is perfect for people who have all of their tasks scattered in many different systems.
Kanban and List views
Why force you? You decide what view to activate on your project. And these are not ordinary views. With collapsible lists, multiple selection and lots of customizations you will organize your work in no time!
All tasks assigned to you from different projects, even those assigned to you outside of Ora, will appear on the My Tasks page. Schedule them and focus on what's due today!
Time tracking is where it should be - on the task you are working on. Start a timer or enter time manually.
Marking tasks as complete isn’t enough. See in detail how your team or project is performing. See how many new tasks were created vs how many tasks were closed. See exactly how much time was spent on a project or task.
Custom streamline processes
My Tasks - tasks from all your projects in one place
Highly customizable - you can turn features on/off to suit your needs
Active sync - the ability to sync with third-party services
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good. Basic usability issues from the getgo.
App is awesome, but there’s some issues that popped out to me right away. When clicking your profile icon > profile then from there click Referral and then Edit Profile, you get a stacked window setup. The problem with this is that when you are done in that area, instead of closing it with one click on the “X”, depending on how deep you went, you will have multiple windows to close. Secondly, if you go from the main Projects area, then to My Tasks and click “Focus Mode” on the left, it is close to impossible to see the “Break Focus” button to exit focus mode and it is on the opposite side of the window. It took me a while to find it after having to resort to View > Reload and reload the whole app. These basic usability issues could be resolved with more visible icons and some sort of non-stacking window setup, where close via “X” actually means close, instead of a history “back/forward” setup that it currently has.
Other than those little nitpicks, app is solid.
The core of this app is great. Great overall UI/UX to help simplify the complexity of projects. However, some little things are not as polished as they should be. I'll list the small problems for dev and users:
- The dark theme doesnt make the foreground dark in every view/page, which makes your work blinding and illegible.
- The customizability and editing options are GREAT, BUT they are in too many different places. Like, it's way too difficult to find the dialogue window to just delete a task.
- There should be more icon options, especially ones that are more pertinent to business style things: folders, monitors, etc.
- More visual accents for color coordinating projects
This app is seriously wonderful otherwise; clearly made with a lot of thoughtfulness. I feel like 4 is a bit too harsh--would give 4.5 if I could, and would definitely give a 5 if some of these smaller UX things were polished
Not what it seems! Updated for version 2
I have spent some time playing and exploring Ora and Ora2, and it has great and even some unique features. I am liking it more, but unfortunately the concerns I has with my older review did not change. Any hopes for true desktop app with version 2 have quickly evaporated.
I admit that I have not spent enough time working with this, but I think it is enough for raising the following concerns:
1. This is not a desktop app that syncs through the developer server! If you are not logged in, you cannnot see anything. True, you do not have to go through a web broser to log in, but it is kind of the same thing. You can only view your lists and work with them when You are logged in so if you do not have internet acces or the developer serveres are out, you are screwed.
2. You cannot save or back up your stuff locally.
3. There is no app for iOS.
4. Your data is on someone else's (the devoloper) server. The developer states that your data is encrypted in transit to and from the servers and on the servers, but you do not set your own password. While encryption on the server may prevent others from looking at your data, the developer has access to it all. It is not like OmniFocus, for example, where you have to sync through their servers, but you encrypt your own data with your own password.
Having said that, this could be a really great app, but I don't feel comfortable using it until these many concerns are addressed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.