Orca Scan is a barcode scanner app that was designed to make it as easy as possible to track assets and inventory using your mobile phone.
It is fully configurable, simply add and remove fields to capture the data you need then export that data in a variety of formats including Microsoft Excel, JSON, XML and of course CSV.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Scan any barcode, QR code, UPC or GS1
2. Add details such as quantity, description, GPS location
3. Add custom fields to capture additional data
4. Share data in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, CSV, JSON
A few of the ways people use Orca Scan:
• Manually add items
• Add custom fields
• Continuously scan barcodes in batch mode (no need to tap)
• Automatically detect and merge duplicates
• Auto increase/decrease quantities on scan
• Export as Excel, CSV, XML or JSON file
• Send as an email attachment
• Track asset locations with GPS fields
• Create your own fields to track price, conditions, custody etc
• Automatically timestamp when assets are inspected or transferred
• Share assets in a sorted spreadsheet
• Capture all the major ID barcodes like QR or Code 39
• Use continuous/batch scan mode to check-in people in seconds
• Use front facing camera for self-check in and self-registration
• Share or print attendance sheet in a nicely structured spreadsheet
ADD CUSTOM FIELDS:
• GPS Location
• Number (auto increase on scan)
• Number (auto decrease on scan)
• Date Time
SCAN ANY BARCODE:
• QR Code
• Data Matrix
• Universal Product Codes (UPC) E & A
• European Article Number (EAN) 8 and 13
• Code 39, Code 93 & Code 128
• Interleaved Two of Five (ITF)
Questions or suggestions? We'd love to hear from you email@example.com
Increased timeout when loading the sheets menu on slow connection
Ratings and Reviews
I wish I had heard about this app years ago, and when I first came across it I thought it was too good to be true! There are absolutely no annoying advertisements between scans or any of that nonsense—this app is made to get stuff done. Within the first 10 minutes of using this app I had scanned about 20 items for their UPC codes, quantified each item based on the inventory I had on hand, given each of these items a name to quickly identify them when I go to list them on eBay, and exported a spreadsheet of this information to my OneDrive. I highly recommend this app, and feel obliged to commend the developers for refraining from including a hidden paywall for premium features or intrusive advertising that’s seen in so many apps today
This is absolutely the best app to use when it comes to inventory and customizing to fit our needs!!!! We were looking for something where we didn’t have to create an app or have any major programming things to do (which I don’t have any knowledge of haha). This is super customizable and SUPER easy to use. Plus Thomas at OrcaScan is very helpful and really made this experience much easier to buy and use. Highly recommended!!!
Excellent for batch data collection
I’ve spent countless hours searching for a simple data collection application and this app fits the bill. So well thought out and easy to use. It’s so hard to find something simple. Everything today seems to be geared toward Windows Mobile connecting directly to a database. We already have an inventory application for a large warehouse and only need something to collect an internal SKU, Quantity and date stamp in batch mode. THANK YOU.
- Cambridge App Lab Limited
- 11.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Cambridge App Lab Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.